A fun seasonal twist on the classic Snickerdoodle recipe that any autumn fan is sure to love!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (#6919)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour (#1333)
- 2 tsp baking powder (#2848)
- 1/2 tsp salt (#1146)
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (#1008)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (#8550)
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (#3626)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon (#3626)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Mix until barely combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the batter, until well combined.
- If your dough is overly sticky, dough may be chilled for an hour or longer until ready to proceed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a zippered plastic freezer bag, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Ball cookie dough and drop into plastic bag. Gently roll in sugar mixture, and then transfer to greased cookie sheet. Space cookies 2″ apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.