3 Ways to Craft a Gourmet Burger
When we think of gathering with friends and family during the summer, it almost always includes a BBQ. And as much as we love a simple burger, sometimes we want to change things up! These 3 simple recipes will do just that.
Tips for getting the best burger:
- First, do not salt the beef until the patty is formed. This mainly
matter ifyou’re making your own patties, and will cause your burger to become springy. So, the best time to season is right before they’re headed for the grill.
- Second, use a thermometer. We all know you can poke it to tell how done the burger is, but to be completely accurate we suggest using a meat thermometer. No hockey puck burgers allowed!
- Third, toast your buns. This adds a nice finishing crunch and extra flavor to your bun. You didn’t know you were missing out!
- Lastly, top however you like. Your burger, your choice!
Obviouslywe have suggested (and delicious) recipes below, but don’t let those ideas limit you!
More BBQ favorites:
Perfect for the kids and adults, these Onion Ring Sliders are juicy, crunchy, and delicious.
Onion Ring Sliders
- Main St. Meats Slider Patties (#1655)
- Onion Rings (#1269)
- Bacon (#8464)
- Slider Buns- Try using our Bridgford Parker House Rolls (#5965) or (#1136)
- Seasoning for your patties. We like to use Garlic Supreme (#2592) + Pepper (#1029) or Onion Dip Mix (#1845)
- Toppings- jalapenos, mayo (#1537), pickles, guacamole (#1060), tomatoes, avocado (#1645), ketchup, mustard, lettuce, etc.
- First, begin to cook the bacon with your method of choice.
- Next, preheat grill to cook patties. Cook until
145Â°F for medium-rare or 160Â°F for medium. Check the temp with a meat thermometer.
- While the patties are cooking, deep fry the onion rings for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Prepare your burgers with the buns, patty, onion ring, and 1 slice of bacon (broken in half). Add addition toppings if desired. Enjoy!
This delicious mess is going to require a napkin or two, and it is one special burger.
Sunnyside Burger with Chipotle Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (#1537)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 pinch salt (#1147)
- 1 lb ground beef (#2622)
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (#1193) +1 tsp Italian seasoning (#1432)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (#1029)
- 1/4 tsp salt (#1147)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split (#1663)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 4 tomato slices
- Whisk the Chipotle Aioli ingredients together in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare the patties by combining ground beef, 1 egg, seasoned bread crumbs, 2 tsp minced garlic, coriander, black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; mix with your hands until just combined. Shape beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Cook patties on preheated grill until browned on one side, about 6 minutes. Flip patties; continue grilling until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes more.
- Transfer burgers to a plate; top each burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese and cover plate tightly with foil.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Crack remaining eggs into
skilletand immediately reduce the heat to low; season eggs with salt and pepper. Cook eggs until whites are set, about 2 minutes; add 1 tablespoon water to skillet, cover, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon chipotle aioli on bottom of each hamburger bun; top each bun with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 onion slice, 1 tomato slice, and 1 burger. Add one egg to
topof each burger; place top of hamburger bun over egg.
Skip the drive-thru with this juicy All-American Cheeseburger.
All American Cheeseburger
- 4 Main St. Beef Patties (#2621)
- 4 Hamburger Buns (#1051), split and toasted
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese (#1859)
- 8 cooked bacon strips (#8465)
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato, onion and pickle slices
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160Â° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice.
- 5 Easy Ways to Spice Up Your Burgers - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] 3 Ways to Craft a Gourmet Burger […]
- Tips for the Best Hamburger Patties - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] 3 Ways to Craft a Gourmet Burger […]