3 Recipes to Make your Holidays Yam-my
There are so many recipes using sweet potatoes for the Holidays, and it might be because they pair wonderfully with holiday spices. We love that we can use our Bright Harvest Country Style Sweet Potatoes (#5968) which saves us so much time on peeling, washing, and cutting and makes these recipes incredibly easy to prepare.
A classic holiday recipe made even sweeter with our Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter and a tasty marshmallow topping. You won’t regret trying this one!
Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 lbs. Bright Harvest Country Style Sweet Potatoes (#5968)
- 4 Tbsp Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter (#8129)
- 1/3 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#1150)
- 1/3 cup Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gossner Whipping Cream (#1696)
- 1 1/2 cups Kirkland Pecan Halves (#1292), divided
- 1/2 tsp Regal Pumpkin Pie Spice (#1012)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- First, prepare the sweet potatoes with your preferred method. For a quick option, bring salted water to a rolling boil in a saucepan. Add frozen sweet potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring gently. Drain immediately.
- While that boils, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Add the soft sweet potatoes to a bowl with room temperature honey butter, brown sugar, flour, eggs, cream, 1 cup of pecans, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Then, add the mixture to a greased USA Pan Rectangular Cake Pan (#1606).
- Bake for 30 minutes, then add the marshmallows and remaining pecans on top and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the mallows begin to brown. Enjoy!
There’s a reason our customers love the Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter. It adds a delicious sweetness to these mashed sweet potatoes, along with the flavor of honey and cinnamon. The perfect combination for Thanksgiving!
Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups Bright Harvest Country Style Sweet Potatoes (#5968)
- 1/2 cup Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter (#8129)
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Regal Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- Marshmallows, optional
- Bring salted water to a rolling boil in a saucepan. Add frozen sweet potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring gently. Drain immediately, reserving a small amount of the potato water.
- Place the potatoes back into the pot and add the butter, mashing the potatoes until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add milk. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with marshmallows.
These tasty biscuits are great for a snack or addition to any holiday spread.
Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2 heaping Tbsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 4 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- 1/2 tsp Regal Sea Salt (#1146)
- 3/4 cup mashed, cooked Bright Harvest Country Style Sweet Potatoes (#5968)
- 1/4 cup Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter (#8129), softened
- 2-4 Tbsp milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then, add the mashed sweet potatoes and butter to the bowl and combine. Add milk as needed. Be careful not to overwork.
- Gently roll the dough on a floured surface then use a cookie cutter to cut the biscuits.
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet (#4020) lined with a silicone mat (#8436).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, then brush with melted Cinnamon Honey Butter. Allow to cool before eating.
- S'mores Sweet Potato Skillet - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Classic Sweet Potato Casserole Oven S’mores Dip Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes […]