Bacon Cheddar Waffles
Turn our Sweet Cream Pancake Mix into Savory Waffles full of bacon, cheese, and scallions. A great (and easy) meal for brunch! Plus, they can be made in advance to make breakfast during the school year easier.
Can these be made ahead of time?
Whether you’re planning brunch during a busy week, or just trying to think of what to feed your kids in the morning- we love having these on hand. Simply follow the instructions below, and freeze the waffles to serve the next day or weeks later. To freeze, line a baking sheet (#5957) with parchment paper (#1153) and place the waffles on the sheet in a single layer. Freeze until they are completely frozen. If you will be serving the next day, they can stay on the sheet; if you will be serving weeks later, wrap each waffle in parchment paper, then wrap in foil (#1963) for an easy grab-and-go breakfast. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Now, to heat from frozen, place in the oven at 350F for 7-10 minutes.
More Savory Breakfast Ideas:
Turn our Sweet Cream Pancake Mix into Savory Waffles full of bacon, cheese, and scallions. A great (and easy) meal for brunch!
Bacon Cheddar Waffles
- 2 cups Pioneer Sweet Cream Pancake & Waffle Mix (#7435)
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 strips Daily’s Precooked Bacon (#4835)
- 1/3 cup Tillamook Grated Cheese (#1866)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- First, preheat your waffle iron.
- Then, place separated bacon slices in a cold frying pan. Warm slowly over low heat. Turn often to brown evenly to desired crispness. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Now, prepare the pancake batter. Add mix to water, eggs, and oil, blending with a wire whisk. Blend well with a whisk until the dry mix is incorporated (lumpy batter is ok). Then, add in the crumbled bacon, cheese, and scallions and gently stir until combined.
- Next, spray your waffle iron with Vegalene Grid Iron Spray (#1575), then pour about 1 cup of the batter onto your waffle iron, the amount will vary per waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Continue until the batter is used up. You can turn your oven on low and place the waffles to keep warm and let steam escape.
- Sweet Potato-Bacon Breakfast Tacos - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Bacon Cheddar Waffles […]
- Top a Waffle for National Waffle Day - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Bacon Cheddar Waffles […]
- Steak & Egg Breakfast - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Bacon Cheddar Waffles […]