Top a Waffle for National Waffle Day
Quick and easy enough for a weekday breakfast. The touch of sweet cream in the mix makes these the best waffles to ever grace the skillet. The toppings you add make all the difference! Keep reading to see what toppings we have loved for both sweet and savory waffles.
Dress up your breakfast with these deliciously easy toppings.
- Dream Whip Topping (#1952)
- Nutella Spread (#7338)
- JIF Creamy Peanut Butter (#2913)
- Busy Bee Clover Honey (#1148) or Light Amber Honey (#1149)
- Powdered Sugar (#1151)
- Waffle Style Chicken Fritter Bites (#1986)
- Log Cabin Syrup (#1590)
- Homemade fruit syrup
8 ways to serve your waffles
For an easy party idea, serve a DIY Waffle Bar! Provide your guests with all the sweet and savory toppings you love.
- Make it savory with Daily’s Applewood Smoked Bacon (#8464), egg, and pico.
- Turn it into dessert and top with ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Add your favorite taco toppings for Taco Tuesday!
- If you’re a fan of s’mores, mix some Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (#1305) into the batter and top with marshmallow fluff.
- Transform your waffle into Eggs Benedict with poached eggs, Hormel Canadian Bacon (#1741), and Custom Culinary Hollandaise Sauce (#2056).
- Keep things simple and spread Kirkland Sweet Cream Butter (#1723) over a warm waffle, then sprinkle with Cinnamon Vanilla Fresh Toast Sugar (#1536).
- Top your waffle with tomato, onion, basil, and balsamic vinegar for a delicious bruschetta.
- Whip up a simple fruit salsa for a refreshing topping. Dust with Powdered Sugar (#1151).
Savory waffle recipes you’ll love
Quick and easy enough for a weekday breakfast. The touch of sweet cream in the mix makes these the best waffles to ever grace the skillet.
- 1 lb Conestoga Sweet Cream Pancake & Waffle Mix (#7435)
- 1 1/2 cups cool water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- Vegalene Grid Iron Spray (#1575)
- Preheat Waffle Iron.
- Put water, eggs and oil in large mixing bowl. Blend well with whisk
- Add the pancake mix. Blend well with whisk until dry mix is incorporated. (Lumpy batter is ok)
- Ladle 4.5 ounces of batter onto a waffle iron sprayed with vegalene.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until done. Add desired toppings. Enjoy!