Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
We love having stew meat in the freezer because it’s not just for stew! It’s a hearty addition to chili, a great filling for tacos, and a family-favorite in stroganoff. It’s also fabulous in this recipe for Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy. Bring on the cooler weather because we love this kind of comfort food!
Beef Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy
- 1 lb Main Street Stew Meat (#2607)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely sliced onions (#5772)
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced baby mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (#1333)
- ¼ cup Pan Roast Beef gravy mix (#3586)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (#1039 or #1041)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (#1029)
- 1/4 tsp salt (#1146)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with Vegalene spray.
- Add beef pieces; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; cover.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add gravy mix and stir. Add pepper, salt. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.