Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
We love having stew meat in the freezer because it’s not just for stew! It’s a hearty addition to chili, a great filling for tacos, and a family-favorite in stroganoff. It’s also fabulous in this recipe for Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy. Bring on the cooler weather because we love this kind of comfort food!
How long will this meal last?
Well, let’s start with the bad news- typically gravy only lasts about 2 days. But, if you bring it to a boil before serving it again, it can last for about a week! As far as the beef tips, it will last for 3 to 4 days. So, try and eat this meal up in one sitting! It won’t be hard to do, it’s so good.
What can I serve as sides?
We like to serve with heated Roasted Garlic Mashed Redskin Potatoes #7944 and Flav-R-Pac Green Beans (#3781). But, these beef tips are also delicious served over rice (#1468) or noodles! As far as vegetables, some of our favorites are Slow Cooker Green Beans, Mini Hasselback Potatoes, or Sauteed Asparagus with Lemon.
Looking for more ideas to warm you up?
Bring on the cooler weather because we love serving up this Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy as a deliciously comforting comfort food!
Beef Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy
- 1 lb Main Street Stew Meat (#2607)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely sliced onions (#5772)
- 8-ounce package pre-sliced baby mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (#1333)
- ¼ cup Pan Roast Beef gravy mix (#3586)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (#1039 or #1041)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (#1029)
- 1/4 tsp salt (#1146)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with Vegalene spray.
- Add beef pieces; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; cover.
- Then, melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add gravy mix and stir. Add pepper, salt. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.