Berry Buttermilk Banana Muffins
Berry Buttermilk Banana muffins packed with flavor! Bite into fluffy muffins with bursts of Wyman’s delicious blend of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Our families love when we make a batch of muffins at the beginning of the week. They’re easy to throw into lunch boxes for work or school, or pop into the microwave before you head out the door. Additionally, they can be frozen to extend the shelf life, too. Kit Broihier, who wrote this delicious recipe, suggested to adjust the ratio of all-purpose flour to whole-wheat flour if you’d like.
Elevate your muffins
We love a good, basic muffin- but sometimes it’s fun to add a little something extra. Give these a tryL
- Before baking, sprinkle AP Cinnamon-Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536) on top of the batter in each well.
- Make a simple struesel topping with flour, sugar, butter, and oats.
- If you need to make dairy-free buttermilk, simply add a splash or two of lemon juice to Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (#1457) and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
Berry Buttermilk Banana muffins packed with flavor! Bite into fluffy muffins with bursts of Wyman’s delicious blend of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
Berry Buttermilk Banana Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- Â¾ cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
- Â½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6919)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (set aside an additional 2 Tbsp more to coat berries)
- Â½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- Â½ tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda (#2848)
- Â½ tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- Â¼ cup flaxseed meal or wheat germ
- 1Â½ cups frozen Wymanâ€™s Triple Berry Blend (#1215)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 standard muffin cups with Wax Baking Cups (#1646).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar about 4 minutes, or until mixture is thicker and lighter in color. Add in the mashed bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; mix to combine. Scrape down the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 cup flour, Â½ cup white whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flaxseed meal. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl all at once; mix just until blendedâ€”do not over beat.
- Add the frozen berries into the now-empty flour mixture bowl and toss them with the reserved 2 Tablespoons flour to coat. Gently stir berries into the muffin batter.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin cups, dividing it evenly (batter will come to the top of the muffin cups).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins completely and store covered.
Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wymanâ€™s. Featured in Catalog #2, 2022.
If you like this recipe, try these:
- Banana Pancakes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Berry Buttermilk Banana Muffins Mango Berry Pancakes Amish-Style Baked Apple Berry Oatmeal SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share …
- Mini Kodiak Cake Cereal - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Berry Buttermilk Banana Muffins Banana Pancakes Amish-Style Baked Apple Berry Oatmeal SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share on…
- Mixed Berry Muffins w/Crumb Topping - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Berry Buttermilk Banana Muffins 2 Ways to Upgrade Our Raspberry Muffin Mix Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins SharePinTweet0…