Cincinnati Chili is a popular dish that originated in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is a dish with deep flavor, ranging from cocoa powder to cinnamon. We typically serve this chili over a bed of noodles topped with onions, kidney beans, cheese, oyster crackers and hot sauce, but it can also be used for killer Chili Cheese Dogs.
Cincinnati Chili Cheese Dogs
In addition to the chili recipe below, you will need: hot dog buns, Hebrew National Beef Franks (#2765), Tillamook Medium Cheddar Shredded Cheese (#1866), Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772). Cook the hot dogs on the grill, then top with the chili, onions, and loooots of cheese. You could also add jalapenos, sour cream, spicy mustard, frito’s, or oyster crackers.
How to Store Leftover Chili
Or, write the date on the container and freeze for 2-3 months. You can also use a Gallon Ziploc Bag (#1979), making sure to lay it flat to freeze.
Cincinnati Chili is a dish with deep flavor, ranging from cocoa powder to cinnamon. Serve over a bed of noodles with a variety of toppings.
- 1 1/2 lb. Childer’s Ground Chuck (#2549)
- 3/4 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 8 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tsp Custom Culinary Chicken Base (#1038) + 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Abrosia High Fat Baking Cocoa (#2498)
- 1 1/4 tsp. AP Chili Seasoning Mix (#1015)
- 1 tsp AP Ground Saigon Cinnamon (#3626)
- 1 tsp AP Ground Cumin (#1442)
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- 1/2 tsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#2096)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Barilla 10 in. Spaghetti Noodles (#1331)
- Toppings: kidney beans, Tillamook Medium Cheddar Shredded Cheese (#1866), Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), oyster crackers, or hot sauce
- First, brown the ground chuck with the onion in a pot.
- Then, add the tomato paste and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and add the cocoa powder, sugar, spices, and worcestershire sauce.
- Now, cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occassionally.
- To cook the noodles, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook until al dente, then strain and rinse with cold water.
- To assemble, add the chili, kidney beans, cheese, chopped onion, oyster crackers and hot sauce to a bed of noodles. Enjoy!