Wild Blueberry Pop Tarts
These homemade pop tarts are filled with a simple wild blueberry apple filling, wrapped in a crispy pie crust and topped with blueberry icing. Whether you enjoy them for a quick breakfast or a midday pick-me-up, they’re sure to be a hit!. Plus, using premade pie crust makes this recipe sooo insanely easy! But, feel free to use your favorite pie crust recipe, if you want.
Try these fillings!
- Create a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Filling with 1/2 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#2261), 2 tsp AP Ground Saigon Cinnamon (#3626) and 1 Tbsp all purpose flour.
- With the ripest peaches fresh from harvest and a hint of cinnamon, mix 1 1/4 cup Pioneer Valley Harvest Peach Cobbler Fancy Jam (#8930) with 1 Tbsp Clabber Girl Cornstarch (#2849) for a Peach Cobbler Pop Tart.
- Calling all Chocolate lovers! Mix 1/2 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#2261), 1 1/2 tsp AP Ground Saigon Cinnamon (#3626), 1 Tbsp all purpose flour, and 9 tsp Nutella Spread (#7338).
- For a fruity pop tart, mix 1 1/4 cup Pioneer Valley Strawberry Rhubarb Fancy Jam (#3005) with 1 Tbsp Clabber Girl Cornstarch (#2849)
How do I store homemade pop tarts?
Homemade pop tarts can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the fridge for 7 days. Or, place them in a freezer for up to three months! Simply flash freeze by placing into a single layer on a cookie sheet, covered, until solid. Then, transfer to a freezer-safe container or Ziploc Gallon Bag (#1979). To reheat, thaw in the fridge and zap in the microwave until warm. Or, toss back in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes. Add the icing, and enjoy!
These homemade pop tarts are filled with a simple wild blueberry apple filling, wrapped in a crispy pie crust and topped with blueberry icing.
Wild Blueberry Pop Tarts
- 1 1/3 cups Dole Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples (#1263), thawed
- 2 cups Wyman’s Wild Blueberries (#1218), thawed
- 1/4 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- Pinch of Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1 package pie crusts
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- 1/2 cup Dawn White Flat Icing (#1910)
- 1 Tbsp blueberry powder or freeze dried blueberries, optional
- First, preheat oven to 375Â°F. Then, line two Crestware Cookie Sheets (#4020) with AP Parchment Paper (#1153).
- Now, add the apples, blueberries, sugar and salt to a blender and process until pureed. Transfer to a small pot, cooking over medium heat until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool until room temperature.
- Meanwhile, roll the pie crusts to be 1â„4â€. Cut into 16 rectangles, about 3â€x4â€ wide.
- Now, place half of the dough pieces onto a prepared cookie sheet. Scoop the filling onto the center, leaving space around the edges. Place a second piece of dough on top, sealing the edges with a fork.
- Then, use the fork to carefully poke the top of sealed pop tarts to allow for steam to escape. Use a basting brush to brush the whisked egg on top.
- Now, bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before adding the frosting. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://wymans.com/recipe/wild-blueberry-pop-tarts/
If you like this recipe, try these!
- Wild Blueberry Scones - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Lemonade Blueberry Bars Wild Blueberry Pop Tarts Bagels and Wild Blueberry Cream Cheese SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on […]