Relish in a fun twist on classic Thanksgiving Stuffing- made with easy homemade Cornbread using our Kruzteaz Mix! As with traditional stuffing, this recipe will have better results with slightly stale bread. Just make your cornbread 1-2 days in advance, cutting down on Thanksgiving day prep time.
Tips for stuffing:
- Use day old bread. This will help prevent it from getting soggy from the broth.
- Balance the flavor by mixing in Rocky Mountain Wheat (#1345) or White (#1336) bread.
- To cut down on prep time, use our chopped onions and Kirkland minced garlic.
More Thanksgiving sides:
Relish in a fun twist on classic Thanksgiving Stuffing- made with easy homemade Cornbread using our Kruzteaz Mix!
For the bread:
- 4 cups Krusteaz Cornbread Mix (#2130)
- 1 1/2 + 1 Tbsp water
For the stuffing:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves SupHerb Farms Whole Roasted Garlic (#2278), minced
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chicken broth (#1040 base)
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped sage
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- First, prepare the cornbread by adding water and mix to a kitchen aid bowl. Using a paddle, mix on low speed 1 minute. Scrape bowl and paddle. Change to medium speed and mix for 1 minute. Pour into greased 9×13 pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. For best results, prepare 1-2 days in advance.
- Now, crumble the cornbread in medium-large chunks into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Then, saute the onion and celery, seasoned with salt and pepper, in melted butter until tender. Then, add the garlic, sage, and thyme, cooking for one more minute. Stir into the crumbled cornbread.
- Now, combine the eggs and chicken broth with a Zyliss Mini Whisk (#1796). Pour over the bread mixture and carefully toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Next, preheat the oven to 375F. Meanwhile, spray a baking dish with Vegalene Premium 3-Oil Blend (#1212) to help prevent sticking. Pour the cornbread mixture into the dish, then bake for 30 minutes or until toasted.