Gourmet Burger Mix-ins & Toppings
For over 30 years, Alison’s Pantry has been providing families with many of the same premium, foodservice-level products served by restaurants and chefs. So, why not serve restaurant-quality meals in your own home? Try these easy tips & tricks at your next BBQ, and let us know what you think!
For the following suggestions, choose from these buns and patties. Try toasting your buns with Chef Shamy Garlic Butter to elevate your meal!
Pick from these 20 delicious restaurant-quality burger ideas- to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own backyard.
20 Gourmet Burger Toppings
- BBQ Burger: Double L Ranch Meats Pulled Pork w/BBQ Sauce (#2108), Brew City Beer Battered Onion Rings (#1269), Monterey Jack Cheese
- Avocado Jack Burger: Glacier Sweet Potato Fries (#1211) + Pepper Jack Cheese + Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645)
- Mushroom Swiss Burger: Mushrooms (cremini or McCain Butter Breaded Mushroom #1276) + Swiss + Grilled Peppers + Grilled Chopped Onions (#5772)
- Mediterranean Burger: Arugula + Feta + Sundried Tomatoes
- Street Corn Burger: Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984) grilled w/Ole Taco Seasoning (#1037, 1 lb. bag or #1846, 1 lb. container) + Cotija Cheese + SupHerb Farms Fresh Frozen Chopped Cilantro (#1921)
- Classic Summer Burger: Coleslaw + Double L Ranch Meats Smoke Craft Pulled Pork (#1677)
- Surf ‘n Turf: Pacific Seafood Newport Peeled & Deveined Raw Shrimp (#1545) + McCormick Tartar Sauce (#1875)
- Classic Cheese Burger: Daily’s Hardwood Smoked Peppered Thick-Sliced Bacon (#8465) + Cheddar Cheese + Butter Lettuce + Sliced Tomato + Mayonnaise
- Buffalo Burger: Melted Bleu Cheese + Buffalo Sauce
- Mexican Burger: Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#9247 or #1060) + Melted Queso
- Chili Burger: Chili + Cheddar Cheese + Brew City Beer Battered Onion Rings (#1269)
- Tropical Burger: Mango Salsa + Caribbean Jerk Seasoning (#1724)
- Cheesy Fry Burger: Caramelized Chopped Onions (#5772) + Swiss Cheese + Brew City Beer Battered French Fries (#1762)
- Thai Burger: Peanut Sauce + SupHerb Farms Fresh Frozen Green Onions (#1864)
- Crab Topped Burger: King & Prince Pride of Alaska Imitation Crabmeat (#2111) + McCormick Cocktail Sauce (#1814) + Lemon Wedges
- Reuben Burger: Corned Beef + Sauerkraut + Thousand Island + Swiss Cheese
- Italiano Burger: Bonici Sliced Pepperoni (#2031) + McCain Mozzarella Sticks (#1270) + Pepperoncini
- Over-Easy Burger: Fried Egg + Daily’s Hardwood Smoked Peppered Thick-Sliced Bacon (#8465) + Dijon Mustard + Lettuce
- Nacho Burger: Queso + Fried Jalapenos (or Cornaby’s Cowboy Candy Candied Jalapenos (#2121))+ Pico de gallo
- Cowboy Burger: Pioneer Valley Gourmet Honey Apricot BBQ Sauce (#2241) + Brew City Beer Battered Onion Rings (#1269) + Monterey Jack Cheese
Whether you’re using ground beef, Carolina Ground Turkey (#3568), or ground chicken for your patties, here are a few delicious ingredients to mix in to make your burgers taste like they are restaurant-quality:
- Dried Chopped Onion (#1026) + Worcestershire Sauce + Premium Garlic Powder (#1021) + Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) + Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029)
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar Shredded Cheese (#1866) or Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#1032, 1 lb bag or #3893, 24 oz. container)
- Crumbled Daily’s Precooked Bacon (#4835)
- Chef Shamy Garlic Butter W/Parmesan (#8124)
- Popeye’s Spinach Dip Mix (#1423)
- Kikkoman Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs (#1193)
- Ultimate Onion Blend (#4575)
Complete your restaurant-quality burgers with the ultimate condiments! You can’t go wrong with classic ketchup + mayo, but here are a few ways to instantly upgrade your burger.
Try these condiments:
- Mix Chef Shamy Garlic Butter W/Parmesan (#8124) or Chef Shamy Fresh Churned Lemon Dill Butter (#8879) into the ground meat before forming into patties with our Norpro Hamburger Press (#2234). If you’re using preformed patties, simply add a slab of butter onto the patty right after grilling.
- Honey Apricot BBQ Sauce (#2241) is a sweet, tangy barbecue sauce- perfect for adding to Pulled Pork or Cowboy Burgers!
- Cornaby’s Savory Sauces (Raspberry Jalapeno #1490, Raspberry Chipotle #1069, Peach Habanero #1070) make for a perfect sweet and savory burger.
- Add Cornaby’s Cowboy Candy Candied Jalapenos (#2121) to burgers for a touch of heat in every bite.
- McCormick Tartar Sauce (#1875) and Cocktail Sauce (#1814) are great additions to Surf ‘n Turf style burgers.