Halloween Recipe Roundup
Whether you’re looking for ways to use up extra Halloween Candy or simple ideas for an at-home Halloween party, we’ve got you covered!
Halloween Weekend: Party at Home Ideas
We know Halloween looks a little spookier this year due to Covid-19, but we’re still planning to celebrate- at home with our loves ones! Here are a few ways to make it special for your kiddos:
- Set up a spooky scavenger hunt around the house with Halloween candy. This is a great option if you choose not to participate in Trick-or-Treating this year!
- Carve pumpkins. Plus, roast the pumpkin seeds for a tasty treat!
- Have a Halloween Fashion Show. Even if you stay in for the night, you can still dress up! This is a great way to keep your kids excited about the costumes they picked out.
- Decorate Caramel Apples. It has never been easier than with our J Morgan Heavenly Caramel Block (#9068)!
- Watch Hocus Pocus or your favorite Halloween show and treat yourself to a Candy Corn Popcorn Ball or two.
- Have a candle lit dinner. Serve a Halloween-themed meal like Ghost Pizza or Spooky Spaghetti.
A classic recipe perfect for Halloween parties! Change up your Chocolate Dirt Pudding cups with Halloween themed gummi candies.
Chocolate Dirt Pudding
- 1/2 cup Jell-o Chocolate Instant Pudding (#1913)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 15 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Gummi Candy: gummi worms, Swedish Fish (#2263), Haribo Gummi Bears (#5009), gummi frogs, Cinnamon Bears (#1172), etc.
- First, combine Instant Pudding and cold milk. Blend and whip on medium speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then use a Silicone Spatula (#2008) to fold in the cool whip.
- Divide the pudding mixture between 10 small clear cups, then divide the crushed oreos between each cup. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, add gummi candies of your choosing.
Celebrate the holiday by making this ridiculously easy Ghost Pizza featuring our NEW DeIorio’s Pizza Dough Balls (#2377). Your kids will love it! Plus, use any Halloween Shaped cookie cutter for a customized pizza- try changing it up for each Holiday.
Halloween Hot Chocolate Bar
We typically have Hot Cocoa ready at home for when the kids come back from a cold night of Trick-or-Treating. Regardless of it that happens this year or not, we’ll still be having a Hot Cocoa Bar!
Simply have a pot of water (or milk for creamier hot cocoa) boiling, set out mugs, a few flavors of Stephen’s Hot Cocoa, and little bowls of optional mix-ins to the side. Then, everyone can add their Hot Cocoa Mix and mix-ins of their choice.
- Stephen’s Hot Cocoa: Salted Caramel (#5434), Milk Chocolate (#2310), Candy Cane (#2311), Mint Truffle (#2312), Milk Chocolate Marshmallow (#2306), Dark Chocolate (#2307)
- Mix-ins: Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (#7121), cool whip, Uncle Denny’s Caramel Topping (#7894), J Morgan Mint Truffles (#1706), Rich’s Cheesecake Whip (#2113), McCormick Almond Extract (#1081), pumpkin puree, or Regal Pumpkin Pie Spice (#1012).
Homemade Halloween Trail Mix
What better way to create a sweet and savory treat? We’re sure you have most of these ingredients on hand, too! Swap out the candy based on the extra candy you have on hand from Trick-or-Treating for an easy Homemade Trail Mix.
- Earth Day Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Chocolate Dirt Pudding PBFit Celery Logs Creative Ways to Make Hot Dogs for Your Kids […]