Welcome Spring weather with a refreshing frittata filled with broccoli, peas, and spinach for a delicious breakfast. This green dish is completely gluten-free, and can easily be made dairy-free by using Silk Original Almond Milk (#1456) and your favorite dairy-free cheddar cheese.
Swap your mix-ins!
We really enjoyed this refreshing combo of green veggies, but there are so many other mix-ins to enjoy as well.
- Keep it simple with Flav-R-Pac Omelette Blend (#3216).
- One of our favorites- use spinach, sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Add Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), Flav-R-Pac Asparagus Spears (#3127), and Phillips Gourmet Diced Tru-Roast Mushrooms (#2222).
- Try a combo of Flav-R-Pac Omelette Blend (#3216), Flav-R-Pac Yellow Squash (#7860) and spinach.
- Mix in sliced Simplot RoastWorks Baby Baker Halves with Parmesan and Herbs (#1985), cherry tomatoes, and spinach.
If you like this recipe, try these:
A refreshing frittata filled with broccoli, peas, and spinach for a delicious breakfast.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- 1 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Mini Broccoli Florets (#8197)
- 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Petite Green Peas (#6208)
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Tillamook Medium Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866), optional
- First, preheat oven to 425F.
- Then, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper. If desired, add half the cheese during this step.
- Now, heat the oil in a 10 inch cast iron pan over medium heat. Sautee the onion for a few minutes, then add the broccoli and a few tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid, and steam until the broccoli is fork-tender. Then, add the spinach and peas and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Next, spread the mixture along the bottom of the pan. Pour the egg mixture over top, and add the remaining cheese, if desired.
- Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the egg is just set. Allow to rest before cutting into wedges.
- If desired, serve topped with Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645) or Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#9247).