This delicious low-carb, gluten-free Zucchini Lasagna is loaded with cheese and vegetables and is the perfect dish for summer. You will happily go back for seconds, and won’t miss the pasta noodles one bit!
What sides can I serve?
With a classic lasagna, we like to serve a nice garlic bread. If you’re going for a low carb meal, you might want to swap that out with our yummy Cauliflower Breadsticks or a nice green salad.
Can I add to this recipe?
Absolutely! We love experimenting with recipes, so you should too. Try swapping the tomato sauce for a white sauce, or add mushrooms, spinach, cottage cheese in place of the ricotta, add some Italian ‘N Pizza Seasoning (#1432), or use sweet potato in place of the zucchini. However you make it, trust us when we say- Your taste buds will THANK you!
Looking for more Keto dinners?
This delicious low-carb, gluten-free Zucchini Lasagna is loaded with cheese and vegetables and is the perfect dish for summer.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (#2622) or Ground Turkey (#3568)
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (#1146)
- Splash of Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 3 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Black pepper (#1030), to taste
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- To begin, brown the meat in a medium sauce pan and season with salt. Drain any excess fat and set meat aside.
- Next, add oil to the pan and saute the garlic and onions for about 2 minutes. Add the meat back to the pan along with tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Now, simmer covered on low for 30-40 minutes. You want the sauce to be thick.
- While that simmers, slice the zucchini into 1/8″ thick slices, lightly salt, set aside. This take out the excess moisture. After about 10 minutes, use a paper towel to soak up extra moisture.
- This step is optional*. You can grill the zucchini for 3 minutes on each side, until slightly browned. Drain excess moisture as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Then, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and egg.
- In a 9×12 casserole dish, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan, top with zucchini to cover. Then, spread 1/2 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture, topped with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat these steps until all the ingredients are gone.
- For the last layer, top with the extra zucchini and sauce, then cover with foil (#1963) and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes, and place the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and continue to bake until melted, about 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/
Be the first to comment.