Paleo Turkey Meatballs
These Paleo Turkey Meatballs are Dairy Free and Gluten Free, and extremely delicious! Plus, they are healthy and unbelievably easy.
Can these be made ahead?
Yes! Trust us, this is a very important part of our recipe searches. Being able to make meals ahead makes our busy nights feel less stressful. Simply make these meatballs ahead of time, then freeze in an airtight container or Ziploc freezer bag (#1979) until you’re ready to dig in. We suggest letting them thaw in the fridge until you’re ready to eat, then heat them back up in the microwave, oven, or in a pot of marinara sauce.
What should I serve with this Paleo Meatballs?
When we think of meatballs, instantly we think of Spaghetti. But, you don’t have to be limited to spaghetti and meatballs! (Even though we can’t deny, it’s delicious! Especially with our Subperb Spaghetti Mix (#1036)). So, what other options are there? Well, if you’re trying to stay low carb, we suggest pairing with Cauliflower Rice (#2743) or Zoodles. In addition, you can make a Meatball Sub, Meatball Soup, or a Meatball Casserole. You can also check out these 29 Exciting Ways To Eat Meatballs.
Looking for more dairy free options?
Thankfully, if you find a good dairy free substitute, most of our meals can be adapted for our dairy free friends! But, with little to no work, these recipes are ready to go without any dairy.
- Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup
- Seafood Marinara
- Simple Salisbury Steak
- Sweet Potato Bacon Hash
- Mole Chicken
Not only are these Paleo Turkey Meatballs Dairy Free and Gluten Free, but they’re extremely delicious! Plus, they can be made ahead of time.
Paleo Turkey Meatballs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (#8287), for pan
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (#3568)
- 1 egg
- 1 *yellow onion, peeled and trimmed and grated
- 1/4 cup almond flour + 1/2 cup almond flour, divided
- 2-3 Tbsp frank hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (#1432)
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian parsley (#1426)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (#1146)
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper (#1029)
- Sugar-Free Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wrap baking sheet with foil (#1963) or a silicone mat (#8436), for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, 1/4 cup almond flour and remaining ingredients except for Marinara Sauce. Combine thoroughly with a fork or your hands. It may be easier to use your hands.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of almond flour in a small bowl.
- Start forming meatballs into *2″ balls
- Roll balls in almond flour, gently shake meatballs to loosen excess almond flour.
- Heat pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Place meatballs 2″ apart in a frying pan. Let brown 3-4 minutes and flip to brown additional side 3-4 minutes.
- Place browned meatballs on a baking sheet (#4020), and continue until all meatballs are browned.
- Place cookie sheet (#4020) in
ovenand bake meatballs for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up Marinara sauce according to directions.
- Remove meatballs and place into a large serving bowl, top with marinara sauce, serve and enjoy.
*You can substitute the yellow onion with our chopped onions (#5772). Just put them in the food processor if you want them in smaller chunks.
*Try using our cookie scoop (#3838) for easy-to-shape, uniform meatballs.
Adapted from: http://ahealthylifeforme.com/paleo-turkey-meatballs/