3 Essential Sides for Every BBQ
So, what exactly do we need to have a good BBQ? Well, besides having good people we need good food! Whether you have hamburgers or hot dogs as the star of the show, it isn’t complete without having a couple good side options for your guests.
Easy Prep Sides:
Our McCain products are great for no hassle BBQ sides. Not only are they tasty, but they are kid friendly as well. Perfect for a last second pot luck!
- First, to keep the kiddos happy, we love our Smiles Shaped Potatoes (#2417). You can either deep fry or bake, and they will be ready in under 15 minutes.
- Second, if you want to feel like you’re eating at Texas Roadhouse, try our Pickle Chips (#1275). We like dipping these in our Chipotle Ranch (#2589).
- Third, no BBQ is complete with our a side of fries. Try sprinkling some Seasoning Salt (#1033) on our Waffle Fries (#2416).
- Last but not least, our Mozzarella Sticks (#1270). Dip these in marinara sauce, or eat on their own. Either way, they’re delicious!
Even more sides:
Barbecue Baked Beans are an irresistible dish that no one can pass up!
Barbecue Baked Beans
- 2-28 oz. cans baked beans
- 1 lb bacon (#4835), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion (#5772)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (#1150)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large cast iron dish or baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy!
*For more flavor, top with extra brown sugar before baking. Mix before serving.
Adapted from: https://realhousemoms.com/aunt-pattis-bbq-baked-beans/
Our Seven Layer Taco Dip is perfect for any BBQ, party, or Football game.
Seven Layer Taco Dip
- 2 16 oz cans refried beans
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (room temp)
- 6 tbsp taco seasoning divided (#1846)
- 2 1/2 cups Pico de gallo or salsa
- 12 oz. tub Calavo Guacamole (#9247)
- 1 cup Shredded mild cheddar (#1651)
- Sliced olives optional
- Green onion optional
- In a bowl, blend 2 cans of refried beans and 3 tbsp taco seasoning with a hand-held mixer.
- In a separate bowl, blend cream cheese, sour cream, and the remaining 3 tbsp of taco seasoning with a mixer. Make sure to blend the cream cheese well.
- We used a trifle bowl, but any 9×13 dish will work just fine- the layers will be thinner if you use a dish. Begin layering each layer starting with the refried beans, sour cream mixture, guacamole, Pico de gallo, shredded cheddar, and a handful of sliced olives. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Top ours with tomatoes and green onion for color, if desired.
Adapted from: https://simplyhomecooked.com/seven-layer-dip/
Cornbread is the ultimate comfort food. Whether you like adding Jalapenos or eating it plain with Honey Butter, (most) everyone loves it.
- 4 cups Krusteaz Homestyle Cornbread Mix (#2130)
- 1 1/2 + 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup finely chopped, drainedÂ pickled jalapeÃ±osÂ or fresh jalapeÃ±os (depending on how spicy you want your cornbread to be, you can do 1/2 cup instead)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels (#1090)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack or cheddar cheese (#1651)
- First, preheat the skillet.Â Put the canola oil in a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet and place the skillet in the oven. Heat oven to 400Â°F with the skillet inside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornbread mix and water.
- Next, stir in the melted butter, the chopped jalapeÃ±os, corn, and cheese.
- Once the oven has reached 400Â°F and the skillet is hot, carefully remove the empty skillet from the oven. Pour the cornbread batter into the skillet, making sure it is smooth.
- Then, place the skillet back in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned on top and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once it is finished baking, let your cornbread rest in the skillet for 10 to 20 minutes before cutting wedges and serving.
*Remember that the skillet will be very HOT. We recommend keeping a pot holder draped over the handle.
- Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Brown Sugar Baked Beans […]
- 5 Easy Ways to Spice Up Your Burgers - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] 3 Essential Sides for Every BBQ […]
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] BBQ Baked Beans […]
- 3 Easy Appetizers for Any Party - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] 3 Essential Sides for Every BBQ […]
- Plan a Picnic - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Salad, Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad, Raspberry Crumble Bars, Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip, Barbecue Baked Beans or Classic Lemon […]
- The Best Tri Tip - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] sauce. Served with your BBQ sides like Baked Beans and Easy Potato […]