Today is National Blueberry Pancake day, but we’ll take literally any excuse to use our delicious Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries (#1218) in a recipe. Celebrate with light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes with bursts of our best-selling blueberries- so good you don’t need syrup! Although, we typically still cover our pancakes with syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar…yum!
Simple Blueberry Syrup
If you’re really craving berries, try this recipe: 1 cup Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries (#1218) + 1 cup water + 1 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632) + 1 tsp lemon juice. Add berries, water, and sugar to a saucepan and cook over heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then, bring to a boil until the syrup thickens, about 15 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice and serve warm.
Get your berry fix!
Light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes with bursts of our best-selling blueberries- so good you don’t need syrup!
- 3 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Pancake Mix (#1822)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2-1 cup Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries (#1218)
- Norpro Batter Dispenser (#2568)
- Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- First, combine the mix and water with a Norpro Fiskie Whisk (#2566). Then, mix in the blueberries. For light, fluffy pancakes, avoid over-mixing. For thinner pancakes, add more water.
- Then, preheat a griddle and melt the butter. Add the batter to the batter dispenser, then pull the soft grip handle to dispense 1/4 cup batter, and release handle to stop the batter flow. Repeat until there are a few pancakes on the griddle, about 1 inch apart.
- Cook pancakes 1-1Â¼ minutes per side. Turn only once. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with Log Cabin Syrup (#1590) and C & H Powdered Sugar (#1151).
- Mango Berry Pancakes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Blueberry Pancakes […]
- Start the School Year off Right! - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Send the kids off strong by trying out this amazing waffle recipe topped with chopped strawberries, powdered sugar, or…