Cheesy Baked Gnocchi
Gnocchi is something we have always heard about, but haven’t really added to our menus until recently, thanks to Rana Meals Solutions Potato Gnocchi (#2754). It is fantastic in simple pesto sauce, added to soups, and even as the base of homemade mac and cheese. But, as with most pasta, you can’t go wrong with it smothered in tomato sauce! Especially with Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124) involved.
Enjoy fluffy gnocchi baked in a simple creamy tomato herb sauce, then topped off with a delicious layer of melted mozzarella. Complete the meal with a simple green salad topped with Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#1032) and a slice of New York Bakery Garlic Toast (#2049).
How long will leftovers stay good?
With gnocchi, it is best to use any leftovers up within 2 days. Otherwise, it may become soggy. Along with that, we don’t recommend refreezing it. But, you likely won’t run into this issue- gnocchi always gets gobbled up in our homes!
Fluffy gnocchi baked in a simple creamy tomato herb sauce, then topped off with a delicious layer of melted mozzarella.
Cheesy Baked Gnocchi
- 1/2 bag Rana Meals Solutions Potato Gnocchi (#2754)
- 3 Tbsp Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- First, preheat oven to 400F.
- Then, prepare the gnocchi by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi until it floats, approx. 2-3 minutes. Then, remove and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan. Saute the shallots and cherry tomatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper until the shallots are cooked, approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add the heavy cream, herbs, and cooked gnocchi, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Next, pour into an 8×8 baking pan sprayed with Vegalene. Top with mozzarella, and bake for 10 minutes.
If you like gnocchi, try these!
- Skillet Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pie - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Turkey Chili Cheesy Baked Gnocchi Easy Puff Pastry Chicken Salad SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook […]
- Shrimp Gnocchi in Lemon Garlic Sauce | Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup Cheesy Baked Gnocchi Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Gnocchi SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook […]