Everything you Need for a Killer BBQ
Here in Utah, the 24th of July means celebrating our second summer holiday: Pioneer Day! Our favorite way to honor early Utah settlers is with plenty of downhome cooking. Pulled pork sandwiches make easy BBQ fare along with buttery corn on the cob, cool potato salad, and Aunt Edna’s famous baked beans. Mmmhmmm.
Hosting a barbecue doesn’t need to be stressful! With a bit of planning ahead, you can enjoy a stress-free evening. Read on for a checklist to make your next BBQ killer.
Start with good grilling tools.
Choose from our selection of Mr. Bar-B-Q tools:
In addition to grilling tools, have the eating necessities ready- plates, napkins, serving spoons and bowls, Sona Heavy Duty Vinyl Tablecloth (#1449), cutlery, cups, etc.
Don’t forget the sides!
We always snack on the sides before the grilling starts. Choose from classic recipes like BBQ Baked Beans or Easy Potato Salad, or easy sides like Brew City Beer Battered Thin French Fries (#1762) or Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Pouches (#7881).
Here are a few more ideas:
- Coat Birds Eye Extra Sweet Mini Corn on the Cob (#4655) with Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723) and AP Applewood Seasoning Rub (#5990). Toss on the grill and cook until tender.
- Impress your guests with Seven Layer Taco Dip. They don’t need to know how easy it is!
- Bake McCain Crispy Bakeable Seasoned Skin-On Potato Wedges (#2672) at 425F for 13 to 16 minutes. Serve with a simple homemade fry sauce.
- Serve a refreshing Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad.
- Brew City Beer Battered King Onions Rings (#1269) or Moore’s Texas Toothpicks (#2493) are great as sides, or to use as a burger topping.
- With 7 different flavor options, Frito Lay Classic Chips Variety Pack (#4018) is sure to have something to please everyone.
Every good barbecue starts with refreshing beverages.
- Country Time Lemonade Flavored Drink Mix (#2536)
- V8 Splash- Berry Blend (#1716) or Tropical Blend (#1717)
- Gatorade Thirst Quencher Fruit Punch Powder (#2640)
- Sunny D Tangy Original (#8581)
- True Lemon Crystalilized Lemon Packets (#1689)
- Iced Cappuccino with Victorian Inn blends- French Vanilla (#1326), Mocha (#1328), White Chocolate Caramel (#1329), or English Toffee (#1330).
Pantry tip: Serve the prepared drink mixes in a drink dispenser, and use Acopa County Fair Drinking Jars (#8114) with straws. For the bottled drinks, place them in a cooler full of ice for guests to choose their own.
Whether you toss these meats on the grill or smoker, they’re sure to be a hit!
- If grilled brats are on your summer menus, spoil yourself with our Kirkland Original 1/4 lb. Pork Brats (#1401). Or, try our flame-grilled, fully-cooked Johnsonville Ultimate Heat & Serve Brats (#1396)–the #1 Brat in the U.S..
- Holten Crowd Pleasin’ Big Box Beef Patties (#1075) are just that- crowd pleasin! These juicy quarter-pound patties are the perfect reason to fire up the grill.
- Fun Fact: Double L Ranch Certified Angus Beef Franks (#2260) are served at the stadium of one of our favorite college teams!
- Just heat and eat these tender Expresco Grilled Sirloin Beef Skewers (#1395) or Expresco Grilled Chicken Breast Skewers (#1801).
- Bacon makes everything better! Grill up a bacon wrapped entree from Willamette Valley Meat Co. Choose from bacon wrapped Filet Mignon (#2558), Chicken Breast (#2680), Pork Fillets (#2681) or Turkey Fillets (#1614).