Cool down with refreshing Shrimp Ceviche, featuring precooked shrimp, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cucumber, and cilantro. This is a perfect summer recipe because it’s incredibly easy (ready in less than 30 minutes!) and doesn’t require you to turn on your oven or stove. Keeping a bag of Pacific Seafood Newport Cooked & Peeled White Shrimp (#1812) is always a great idea for quick, light, and fresh meals or appetizers.
While Shrimp Ceviche is traditionally served as an appetizer with chips, we’ve found a handful of other ways you can serve it:
- Use it as a filling or topping for tacos.
- Simply serve over rice.
- Enjoy a summery surf-n-turf by using as topping for a Main St. Meats Flat Iron Steak (#1554).
- Scoop on top of a refreshing tex-mex salad.
Cool down with refreshing Shrimp Ceviche! Featuring precooked shrimp, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cucumber, and cilantro.
- 1/2 bag *Pacific Seafood Newport Cooked & Peeled White Shrimp (#1812), thawed
- Juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- Juice of 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucubmer, peeled and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup SupHerb Farms Fresh Frozen Chopped Cilantro (#1921)
- Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- 1 3/4 cup Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645), thawed in the fridge overnight
- First, remove the tails from the shrimp and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Then, toss in a bowl with the lemon and lime juice. Cover with Crystal Wrap Foodservice Film (#6127) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now, add the red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, mix in the avocado and enjoy!
*To thaw the shrimp, add it to a Ziploc bag. Place it in a bowl full of cold water for about 20 minutes.
Check out these shrimp recipes!
- 3 New Year's Eve Appetizers - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Shrimp Ceviche […]