Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini
If your garden survived the insane heat waves this year, chances are you have zucchini coming out of your ears, too! We’re trying to find new ways to use it up (other than Zucchini bread, of course).
These zucchini boats are stuffed with ground chuck, and a blend of corn, black beans, red and green peppers, salsa and olives topped off with melty cheese. Not only are they a great way to use up the surplus of fresh zucchini, but you’ll also be sneaking in lots of vegetables in for your family. Also, the filling is totally customizable- and, dare we say, great as a dip! Serve it with tortilla chips to scoop up any filling that falls out of the boats.
Make it low carb!
To make this meal work for low carb, diets, simply remove the Baja Vegetable Roast and Tagge’s Mild Sweet Corn Salsa. In place of the Baja blend, add Flav-R-Pac American Harvest Fajita Blend (#2069) and a small can of diced green chiles. In place of the salsa, use a tomato salsa or a can of diced tomatoes.
Alternative Filling Ideas
Add or swap these with any of the ingredients below:
- Carolina Ground Turkey (#3568)
- Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645)
- Carne Azteca FC Flame Seared Carne Asada (#1393)
- Simplot Exotic Grains & Fire-Roasted Vegetables (#1690)
- Pierce FC 1/2 in. Diced Chicken Breast (#2546)
- Simplot RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984)
Zucchini boats stuffed with ground chuck, and a blend of corn, black beans, red and green peppers, salsa and olives topped off with melty cheese.
Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 lb. Childer’s Ground Chuck (#2549)
- 1 Tbps AP Ole’ Taco Seasoning (#1037)
- 1/2 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 3/4 cup Flav-R-Pac Baja Vegetable Roast (#5353)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Tagge’s Mild Sweet Corn Salsa (#1154)
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 4 Tbsp Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, more salsa, Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060), cilantro
- First, preheat oven to 375F.
- Now, drizzle oil on the zucchini and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until slightly softened. Allow to cool, then carefully cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the center.
- Meanwhile, add ground chuck to a frying pan and cook over medium heat until browned, crubmling as it cooks. Then, stir in the taco seasoning and a splash of water. Add the baja blend, red onions, and salsa and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, spoon the meat mixture into each prepared boat. Top with olives and cheese, and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is soft and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Add any additional toppings, and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, try these!
- Southern Fiesta Rice Bowl - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini Cilantro Lime Beef Taco Bowl Salmon with Avocado Salsa […]