Asian Sesame Cod
Asian Sesame Cod has a nice layer of flavors and is excellent served over a bed of rice with a side of veggies. Try cooking your veggies in the same marinade recipe for more flavor!
What are the benefits to cod?
Like most fish, cod is a great source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. In addition, it is rich in B12 and B6, niacin, as well as vitamins E, A and C and other trace minerals. Plus, cod is known to have great cardiovascular benefits! To sum it up, cod is overall pretty good for you.
Great sides for this dish:
As with most Asian dishes, we love serving this Sesame Cod over a bed of rice (#1468). And, if you’re on the Low Carb Club- you can try our collection of riced veggies: Cauliflower (#2743), Butternut Squash (#1518), Cauliflower and Sweet Potato (#1519), or our Cauliflower Medley (#1520). In addition, try sauteeing your favorite veggies in the marinade (make sure it’s a separate batch from the fish!) for the ultimate flavor-blasting dish. For this meal, we specifically enjoy asparagus (#3127), mushrooms, and bok choy.
If you like this recipe, check these out:
Asian Sesame Cod has a nice layer of flavors and is excellent served over a bed of rice with a side of veggies. Try cooking your veggies in the same marinade for more flavor!
Asian Sesame Cod
- 1 lb cod fillets (#8026)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (#1038)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (#1150)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil
- 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1/2 tsp Leah’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning (#1022)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (#4508), toasted
- First, place fillets in a greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, onions, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and lemon pepper. Drizzle over fillets and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Then, bake uncovered at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asian-sesame-cod/