Banana Bread 101
Happy National Banana Bread Day! To celebrate, we’re sharing a tried-and-true Banana Bread recipe along with a few deeeelicious variations we have loved.
You know how it goes, you buy a bunch of bananas from the store with every intention to eat them up…then they start going brown. That’s when you know it’s time to whip up a loaf of banana bread.
Elevate your banana bread!
If you think there’s no way to improve the flavor of classic banana bread… We have some ideas for you!
- Mix in nuts (we prefer Kirkland Walnut Halves & Pieces (#1293) or Kirkland Fancy Pecan Halves (#1292)) or Boghosian California Sun Dried Raisins (#2122).
- Add Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (#1305) or Gerken’s Mini Cinnamon Drops (#2776).
- Turn it into a swirled loaf with cream cheese, Uncle Denny’s Caramel Topping (#7894), or Nutella Spread (#7338).
- Top with AP Cinnamon-Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536).
- Add a glaze once it has cooled. Combine 1 cup C & H Powdered Sugar (#1151) + 2 Tbsp Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (#1457) + 1/2 tsp Durkee Imitation Clear Vanilla Flavor (#1625).
- Mix in your choice of frozen berries. We recommend Glacier Raspberry Crumbles (#2830) or Wyman’s Mixed Berries (#1223). Try it with a lemon glaze!
- Add a streusel topping. Combine 3 Tbsp flour + 3 Tbsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632) + 1/2 tsp AP Ground Korintji Cinnamon (#1005) + 1 Tbsp Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723).
Classic Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour (sub with Bob’s Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Flour #1277 to make this recipe gluten free)
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda (#2848)
- 1 tsp AP Ground Korintji Cinnamon (#1005)
- 1/2 cup Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- 3/4 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#2261)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla Bean Paste (#6945)
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Then, grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Now, mix together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Then, mix in the mashed bananas, beaten eggs and vanilla. Combine the banana mixture with the dry ingredients, then pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Then, bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before placing onto a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145).
Try these recipes:
- Dough Conditioner: 101 - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Sourdough 101 Yeast 101 Banana Bread 101 […]