Crispy salmon coated with dijon mustard and freshly ground peppercorns, served with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts and quinoa. This is a great option for a Keto or Gluten Free diet.
Tips for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
We know Brussels Sprouts aren’t loved by everyone, but with a few simple tips we think even non-brussles sprouts lovers will be pleased.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- Do not disturb. Once you have them in the oven, leave them alone! Once your timer goes off, check them and add more time if desired.
- Cook until crisp-tender. There’s nothing worse than mushy Brussels sprouts. Remove them from the oven when they are slightly tender, but still have a nice crunch.
- Add bacon! Who doesn’t love bacon, right? Add 6 slices of diced Daily’s Hardwood Smoked Peppered Thick Sliced Bacon (#8465) to the pan before baking.
If you like this recipe, try these:
Crispy salmon coated with dijon mustard and freshly ground peppercorns, served with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts and quinoa.
- 1 lb. Flav-R-Pac Brussels Sprouts (#6381), halved
- 1/4 cup BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 1/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029)
- 4 Pacific Seafood Wild-Caught Sockeye Salmon Portions (#2239), thawed and patted dry
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp AP Whole Black Peppercorns (#1030), freshly ground
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked in chicken broth (#1040 base)
- First, preheat oven to 400F. Then, line a Crestware Baking Sheet (#4020) with a Crestware Silicone Mat (#8436).
- Next, toss the brussel sprouts in half the oil, and salt and pepper. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Brush 1/4 tsp of mustard onto each salmon fillet. Then, generously coat with freshly ground peppercorns. Place the salmon into the pan, skin side down, and cook for a few minutes until the skin is crispy. Then, add to the cookie sheet with the Brussels sprouts and bake until the salmon is flaky, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with roasted Brussels sprouts and quinoa.
- Keto Egg Roll Soup - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Peppercorn Crusted Salmon […]
- Chef Shamy Lemon Dill Baked Tilapia - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Peppercorn Crusted Salmon Honey Glazed Shrimp Skewers Mediterranean Baked Cod […]