Berry Pie Bars
We are patiently waiting for warmer days, picnics in the park, and evening walks with our family. These Berry Pie Bars are making that wait a little easier. With a thick layer of crumbly pie dough topped with juicy Wyman’s Blackberries finished off with a crumbly topping, they are perfect for spring get-togethers or winter blues pick me ups.
Can I use different kinds of berries?
Of course! We have previously shared a recipe for Raspberry Crumble Bars that is very similar to this one. If you’re a fan of this recipe, try using Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Blackberries (#1221), Wyman’s Strawberries (#1214), Flav-R-Pac Peach Slices (#7841) or any other fruit blend that sounds good to you.
More desserts for you:
Crumbly pie dough topped with juicy Wyman’s Blackberries finished off with a crumbly topping.
Berry Pie Bars
For the dough & topping:
- 3 cups Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 1 1/2 cups C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup Kirkland Butter (#1723), cold and cut into cubes
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
For the berry filling:
- 4 cups Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Blackberries (#1221), or berries of your choice
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch (#2849)
- 3/4 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- To make the dough: Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. With stand-mixer or hand-mixer, combine flour, sugar, and lemon zest until combined. Add butter and continue mixing. Stop the mixer and use your fingers or a fork to break up the butter into smaller pieces. Resume mixing. Add eggs and continue mixing until a crumbly dough begins to form. Set aside.
- To make the berry filling: Add berries, lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Build your berry crumble bars: Press half of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Pour berry mixture over the crust and spread evenly with a spoon. Crumble the remaining dough on top of the berry filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble appears slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
From Catalog #1, 2020
- Simple Strawberry Syrup + How to Use it - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Berry Pie Bars […]