Breakfast Strata is a simple casserole with sausage links, omelette blend vegetables, mushrooms, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Since this recipe using our Johnsonville Cooked Original Breakfast Pork Sausage Links (#1400), it cuts back on prep time.
Change it up!
Breakfast casseroles are a hit whether they’re served for breakfast before school or on holidays. Plus, they’re easy to throw together- making it a stress free dish to prepare. We also love that they can be totally customized with different fillings, with the main base of milk, eggs, and cheese. Here are a few more ideas to try!
- Add a layer of day old bread to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix spinach into the egg mixture. For a meditteranean feel, swap the omlette blend with sundried tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Use Childer’s Country Style Pork Sausage (#2550), and whisk cream of mushroom soup into the milk.
- Change up the seasonings! We like to keep it simple with salt and pepper, but adding AP Mustard Seed Powder (#1428), AP Mild Paprika (#1697), AP Premium Onion Powder (#1027), or AP Mild Chili Powder (#1014) could add some great depth in flavor.
- Mix in Quincy Gold Loose Shredded Hashbrowns (#2421), or use them as a layer on the bottom of the pan before adding the egg mixture.
- Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), for sauteeing
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Chef Starters Omelette Blend (#3216), thawed and excess liquid drained
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 10-12 Johnsonville Cooked Original Breakfast Pork Sausage Links (#1400), chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup mushroom, chopped, optional
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Gossner Foods Shelf-Stable 2% Milk (#1710)
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- 2 cups Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- Then, saute the omelette blend until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Now, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Then, add the sauteed omelette blend and garlic, chopped sausage, mushrooms, and all but 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour into a greased baking dish, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 minutes or until the egg is set.