A spooky meal for Halloween! Serve black pasta topped with spaghetti sauce and meatballs and string cheese for a spiders web. Complete the meal with a side of New York Bakery Garlic Toast (#2049).
Spooky Halloween recipes:
Black pasta topped with spaghetti sauce and meatballs and string cheese for a spiders web.
- 1 lb. Barilla Spaghetti Noodles (#1331)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 10-20 drops black food coloring
- Ziploc Gallon Bag (#1979)
- Rosina Italian Style Meatballs (#9142)
- 5 Tbsp AP Superb Spaghetti Seasoning Mix (#1036)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Salted Butter (#1723)
- 4 Frigo CheeseHeads String Cheese (#4972)
- For the black pasta: bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Bring to a boil and cook until al dente. Meanwhile, add the water and food coloring to the Ziploc bag. Set aside. Once the pasta is done, use a colander to drain the water, immediately rinsing with cold water. Transfer the pasta into a Ziploc bag and make gently shake it around so the pasta is evenly coated. Allow to sit for around 1 minute to soak up the color.
- Then, combine the Spaghetti Seasoning, tomato paste, water and butter in a sauce pan. Add the meatballs, then cover and simmer sauce 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble: place a portion of the black pasta on a plate, topped with meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Gently tear (or cut) the cheese sticks into thin portions, then arrange on top of the sauce to resemble a spider web. Repeat with each plate. Enjoy!
- Halloween Recipe Roundup - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Have a candle lit dinner. Serve a Halloween-themed meal like Ghost Pizza or Spooky Spaghetti. […]