Homemade Italian Sweet Dinner Rolls
A hint of sweetness in the dough with a bit of salty taste on top. It’s a perfect combination of flavors; everyone loves them and it’s hard to save any leftovers! This recipe is another family secret from my friend Heather.
Italian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 6 cups white flour (#2285)
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt (#1146)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp SAF Yeast (#2446)
- 2 cups warm milk
- Add all ingredients except milk to bread mixer on dough setting.
- Turn bread mixer on and slowly pour milk over the top of flour. Knead for 20 minutes. Punch down and let rise 1 hour. (cover with damp clean cloth while raising.)
- Divide into 24 dough balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, brush with melted butter (additional butter), sprinkle with a bit of Course Sea Salt (#1147) and let rise one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
You may also use a KitchenAid mixer with a doe hook and mix for the required 20 minutes.
This recipe is very versatile. You can make 2 loaves of French Style bread and Cinnamon rolls.
Recipe from: Ali Chuntz