Homemade Italian Sweet Dinner Rolls
A hint of sweetness in the dough with a bit of salty taste on top. It’s a perfect combination of flavors; everyone loves them and it’s hard to save any leftovers! This recipe is another family secret from my friend Heather.
Not only can this dough be used to make the most delicious dinner rolls, we also love using it for cinnamon rolls, monkey bread, and French bread.. Without a doubt, you will want to eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Italian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 6 cups white flour (#2285)
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt (#1146)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp SAF Yeast (#2446)
- 2 cups warm milk
- Add all ingredients except milk to bread mixer on dough setting.
- Turn bread mixer on and slowly pour milk over the top of flour. Knead for 20 minutes. Punch down and let rise 1 hour. (cover with damp clean cloth while raising.)
- Divide into 24 dough balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, brush with melted butter (additional butter), sprinkle with a bit of Course Sea Salt (#1147) and let rise one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
You may also use a KitchenAid mixer with a doe hook and mix for the required 20 minutes.
This recipe is very versatile. You can make 2 loaves of French Style bread and Cinnamon rolls.
Recipe from: Ali Chuntz
Not feeling up to making rolls?
Don’t worry, girl, we got you! We have a great variety of frozen bread options for you including Bread Bowls, Ciabatta Buns (#1051), Cinnamon Rolls (#9134), and White and Wheat Bread Loaves. Not to mention, our delicious dinner rolls! We have Beehive Rolls (#8925), Sweet Yeast Rolls (#7968), and Island Sweet Rolls (#1469)– just to name a few!
- Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] these Homemade Italian Sweet Dinner Rolls are perfect for any […]