Serving Ideas for Apple Turnovers
There’s nothing like starting the morning with flakey layers of dough filled with sweet apples. Our Orange Bakery Apple Turnovers (#1199) will leave your kitchen smelling amazing! Plus, there’s hardly any prep work required, making these perfect for breakfast, dessert, or even taking to a neighbor in need. Simply thaw overnight & bake the pre-proofed product at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
These are wonderful simply heated in the oven, but we rounded up some fun new ways to serve them for National Apple Turnover Day. Let us know if you can think of any others!
- Turn into a gourmet ice cream sundae by topping a warm turnover with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and fresh whipped cream using Gossner Foods Shelf-Stable Whipping Cream (#1696).
- Before baking, brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar. There’s no need to pay for bakery-priced items when you can enjoy the same quality at home!
- We can’t think of a better combination than caramel and apples. After baking, generously drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce.
- For a crowd-pleasing dessert, cut a heated + cooled turnover in half. Pipe with Rich’s Cheesecake Dessert Whip (#2113) into the center, then place the top half back.
- Serve with cheddar cheese slices (and nuts, if you want!) for a sophisticated snack.
- Drizzle Dawn White Flat Icing (#1910) on top. This idea can easily be used for an occasion- for a fun game day treat, pipe on football laces, for Halloween, pipe in ghosts or pumpkins shapes, etc.
- Layer in a trifle dish with Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Filling (#1914) and fresh whipped cream using Gossner Foods Shelf-Stable Whipping Cream (#1696).
- Fry to your liking, drain excess oil and toss in AP Cinnamon-Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536).
Be the first to comment.