Simple Salisbury Steak
Salisbury Steak is one of our favorite comfort foods, and we love how simple this recipe is to make on a cold night!
What can I add to this recipe?
If you want to amp it up a bit, there are a couple add-ins we recommend. One option we love is to caramelize 1 whole onion, or 1 cup chopped onions while we cook the patties. This adds another flavor to the gravy in this savory dish. In addition to the onions, you can add 8 oz of slices mushrooms to your gravy. Just cook the onions and mushrooms in the juices from the patties, and you’re set!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Another favorite classic dish with a twist, this Chicken Stroganoff is full of flavor and only requires one pan for cooking.
- If you’re looking for a meal more on the fancy side (perfect for a candlelit dinner!), then you will love this Seared Halibut topped off with Smashed Baby Potatoes, Bacon, and Asparagus and a delicious Soy Garlic Broth. We know it sounds like a mouthful, but your taste buds will thank you!
- For those busy nights, this Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole is a perfect choice. All you have to do is dump the ingredients into a casserole dish, then bake for 35 minutes!
Simple Salisbury Steak
- 1 lb Pure Ground Chuck (#2622)
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs (#1193)
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (#1021)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder (#1027)
- 1/2 cup Custom Culinary Brown Gravy Mix (#1252)
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine all patty ingredients in a large bowl and blend with clean hands until ingredients are incorporated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties on both sides until no longer pink. Lower temperature to low.
- Whisk together gravy mix and water until well blended.
- Whisk in ketchup and Worcestershire and pour over patties in the skillet.
- Allow to simmer until gravy warms and thickens.
- Kaylea's Mississippi Pot Roast - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Simple Salisbury Steak […]
- Laidback Meals for the Low-Key Dad - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Simple Salisbury Steak […]
- Balsamic Steak Salad - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Simple Salisbury Steak […]
- Paleo Turkey Meatballs - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Simple Salisbury Steak […]