Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
If you like this recipe, we think you will like:
- Even though it sounds fancy,
April’s Bacon Wrapped Chicken will be a people-pleasing meal for a fancy night in, or a busy night on the go.
- Next, this Slow Cooker Tangy BBQ Chicken is another delicious way to dress up your chicken. Not only is it super yummy,
it isgreat for meal prep. You can also freeze it and use some at a later day.
- Now, we can’t be the only Orange Chicken fans. This better-than-takeout recipe will leave your taste buds feeling very happy!
Spinach Artichoke dip is a favorite around here, so when we saw this low-carb recipe for chicken stuffed with our fav dip, we had to try it! It will be hard to eat a plain chicken breast after trying this delicious dish. This recipe is quick, and adding the sauce only adds 3-4 minutes!
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts *(#1085) or (#5513)
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (#1432)
- 1 tsp mild paprika, optional (#1697)
- salt (#1146) and pepper (#1029) to season
Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 4 oz (120 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) block cream cheese, (light or reduced fat), at room temp
- 6 oz (170 g) bottled or canned artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped*
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (#1289)
- Salt (#1146) to taste
Optional Cream Sauce:
- Remaining spinach / artichoke dip
- 1 cup milk or half and half
For The Chicken:
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface. Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
For The Dip Filling:
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach. Discard the water released. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic; mix well to combine (use your hands if necessary).
- Fill chicken ‘pockets’ with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon (or use your fingertips to press it down). Reserve the leftover dip for the optional cream sauce (you should have exactly half left over), or see notes for other ideas!
- Seal with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet (or non stick pan) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until golden. Rotate and fry on the other side, covering pan with a lid, until cooked through, (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a warm plate to make the optional cream sauce.
For The Cream Sauce:
- Pour milk into the skillet / pan and bring to a simmer. Add in the remaining dip (you should have exactly half remaining), and stir until sauce is combined and thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately!
Notes: If you use the lemon herb chicken, you don’t have to season your chicken breast since it is pre-seasoned.
- Easy Homemade Calzones - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken […]
- 5 Favorite Homemade Salad Dressings - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken […]
- Low Carb Ways to use Pulled Pork - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken […]