Apple Bacon Panini
This time of year is all about apple recipes- anything from Cinnamon Apple Pancakes to One Pan Apple Pork Chops. The recipes are endless! But, as we enjoy all the fresh apples we can, we can’t forget about the delicious combination of apple paired with cheese…and, bacon makes this sweet and salty combo even better.
This simple Apple Bacon Panini pairs crispy bacon and apple slices, creamy gouda cheese, and jam stuffed between two hearty slices of sourdough, making it a great lunch on a crisp fall afternoon.
Tips for the best sandwich
Think of it as a panini or an adult grilled cheese- there are a few tips to keep in mind for the best results.
- Cook the bacon in the oven. This will make clean up easy, and result in deliciously crisp slices!
- If you don’t have a panini press, simply place in a cast iron skillet, using a second skillet to press it down.
- Use cheese slices, rather than shredded.
- Rather than using sourdough, give our Stone Ground Ciabatta Variety Pack (#5898) instead.
- Elevate the flavor by adding fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or tarragon.
A sweet and salty Apple Bacon Panini with crispy bacon and apple slices, creamy gouda cheese, and jam stuffed between two hearty slices of sourdough.
Apple Bacon Panini
- 8 slices Stone Ground Bakery Rustic Sourdough Pullman Bread (#1612)
- 8 slices Daily’s Deep Applewood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon (#8464)
- 4 slices gouda cheese
- 4 slices cheddar chees
- Pioneer Valley Harvest Peach Cobbler Fancy Jam (#8930) or fig jam, optional
- 1 or 2 small apples, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- First, prepare the bacon by preheating the oven to 450F. Then, line a Crestware Baking Sheet (#4020) with Kirkland Premium Quality Foodservice Foil (#1963) and add the bacon. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp, flipping halfway. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess grease.
- Now, to assemble the sandwiches, butter one side of each slice of bread. If desired, spread the jam on the inside. Top with one slice of gouda and one chance of cheddar, a few apple slices, and two slices of bacon. Place another slide of bread, buttered side up, and repeated until the rest of the sandwiches are assembled.
- To cook, press into a panini press and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, and enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bistro-apple-panini/