Breakfast Sausage Quesadilla
We all know and love breakfast burritos, but Breakfast Quesadillas are a fun new breakfast to try. These breakfast quesadillas are stuffed with fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sweet peppers, and cheese in a crispy tortilla. Plus, they’re easy to make ahead to toss in the microwave for busy mornings.
Make-Ahead for Busy Mornings
Simplify busy mornings with a quick breakfast! To assemble these for a freezer meal, simply follow steps 1-3 below. Then, wrap each quesadilla in AP Parchment Paper (#1153) or Medallion Interfolded Foil Sheets (#2351) and place in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc Gallon Freezer Bag (#1979). When you’re ready to eat, just grab a parchment packet out of the bag, toss it in the microwave for 1 minute, or until heated through. They will last in the freezer for 2 to 4 months- if you don’t gobble them up before then!
Add to the filling!
Keep these breakfast quesadillas as simple as you like, or try changing up the filling by adding or swapping with these ingredients:
- Phillip’s Gourmet 1/4 in. Diced Tru-Roast Mushrooms (#2222)
- Daily’s Regular Slab Precooked Bacon (#4835)
- Quincy Gold Loose Shredded Hashbrowns (#2421)
- Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645)
- Main St. Meats Beef Strips (#2604)
- Flav-R-Pac Baja Vegetable Roast (#5353)
- Farmland Naturally Hickory Smoked Bone-In Ham Steak (#5659)
Breakfast quesadillas are stuffed with fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sweet peppers, and cheese in a crispy tortilla.
Breakfast Sausage Quesadilla
- 4 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties (#1399), chopped
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4-1/2 cup Milk
- Regal Fine Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), as needed
- Sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866)
- 6 Receta De Oro Mexican Flour Tortillas (#4970)
- Optional toppings: pico de gallo, sour cream, or Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060).
- First, add the chopped sausage patties to a Zyliss Frying Pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. If needed, melt butter in the pan. Now, add the eggs to the pan with the sausage grease, gently folding until the eggs are set. Be careful not to dry them out! Remove the eggs from the heat, and gently mix in the sausage, sliced bell pepper, and cheese. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble, scoop about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture onto a tortilla. Fold in half, and repeat until the remaining egg and tortillas are used.
- Now, *transfer the folded tortillas to a pan over medium-low heat, cooking for 1 to two minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Cut into three wedges, and serve with desired toppings.
*See above for how to turn these into a freezer meal!
Calling all breakfast lovers!
- Triple Berry Waffles - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Breakfast Sausage Quesadilla Mom’s Brunch Casserole Overnight French Toast Casserole […]
- English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Breakfast Burritos Breakfast Sausage Quesadilla Spring Frittata SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share […]