This refreshing combination of crisp bacon, with the crunch from the lettuce and soft avocado results in a happy dance in your mouth. Don’t forget about the zing from the dressing! It is the perfect pick-me-up side.
Where does the Cobb Salad originate?
So, where does this American Favorite salad come from? Well, it has been around since 1937! It is said to originate from the Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant. It is named after the owner, Robert Howard Cobb. This is one of those moments we wish we could personally thanks Mr. Cobb for bringing this refreshing dish into our lives. Our taste buds will forever be indebted to his creation.
Tips for making the best salad
You know that party you went to years ago that had an amazing salad you can’t get over? Have you been able to recreate it since? If not, here are some great tips you might be missing! This will be sure to bring your a restaurant quality salad to the comfort of your own home. Plus, you can even stay in yoga pants!
- First, make the salad dressing! We offer a couple delicious options that’ll make your life easier. Plus, this will give your salad an extra punch of flavor.
- Second, season your greens! This might seem odd, but we promise it makes all the difference. Simply add a little salt (#1146) and pepper (#1028).
- Third, use a mix of greens. It might not seem like a big deal, but it makes all the difference. Adding spinach or arugula to your iceberg or romaine will bring more texture and flavor to your salad.
Can I use other dressings?
Of course! One thing we love about salad bars is the options we have for dressings. This leaves room for personal taste. Other options include:
- Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#1032) or (3893)
- Lip Smackin’ Chipotle Ranch (#2589)
- 5 Favorite Homemade Salad Dressings
More Refreshing Sides:
- Better Body Dill Dip. This dip will become your best friend all summer.
- Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad. If you’re looking for a way to change up your salad, we’ve got your backs.
- Cauliflower Breadsticks. Still trying to watch your carbs? Don’t worry, these cauliflower breadsticks won’t disappoint.
Everyone loves a good Cobb Salad recipe, and this refreshing dish does not disappoint. The combination of crisp bacon, with the crunch from the lettuce and soft avocado results in a happy dance in your mouth. Don’t forget about the zing from the dressing!
- 2 cups Garlic Herb Chicken Breast Pieces (#1405)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (spinach or spring mix)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (#3516)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (#1698)
- 1 cup corn (#4664)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced or diced)
- 3/4 cup diced avocado (#1645)
- 2 boiled eggs (sliced or diced)
- 4 strips of bacon (#4835)
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced thin)
- First, prepare the dressing according to the
instructionson the package.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken into the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through the center.
- Then, once cooked, remove from the heat.
- Next, layer the lettuce in one large bowl, or 4 individual bowls. Top with chicken, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, bacon and onion. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and toss until combined. Salt (#1146) & Pepper (#1028), to taste.
Adapted from: https://www.iheartnaptime.net/cobb-salad/
- Everything Bagel Club Sandwich - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] looking for a quick, filling meal, serve with a side of Beer Battered French Fries (#1762), Cobb Salad, a…