Crockpot Turkey Chili
This healthy Crockpot Turkey Chili is loaded with flavor from our chili seasoning mix, onions, jalapeno, beans and fire-roasted tomatoes. AP Chili Seasoning Mix (#1015) has just the right amount of kick for robust chili that warms you from the inside out. With a blend of chili pepper, salt, onion, garlic, cumin, and oregano, it brings a delicious depth to dishes. We’ve even had customers try it in homemade enchilada sauce! But, this blend isn’t gluten free, so if that’s something you need- simply make your own chili blend using our bulk spices.
Why ground turkey instead of beef?
Norbest Ground Turkey (#4124) is naturally lean meat that is high in protein and at least 90% fat free. Which is 70% less fat than ground beef! It has been a popular sub for ground beef in many diets, but it really is just personal preference.
Don’t forget the sides.
Since this is such a hearty dish as it is, we typically serve chili with some sort of bread- mainly to soak up the delicious sauce! A few of our favorites are Krusteaz Homestyle Cornbread (#2130), Janey Lou’s Beehive Rolls (#8925), or New York Bakery Garlic Toast (#2049). But, one of our favorite ways to serve this dish is in a Janey Lou’s Bread Bowl (#8573). The best part is eating the bread, soaked up with all the yummy flavors, after you’ve devoured the chili.
This healthy Crockpot Turkey Chili is loaded with flavor from our chili seasoning mix, onions, jalapeno, beans and fire-roasted tomatoes.
Crockpot Turkey Chili
- 4 Tbsp Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124)
- 2 lb. Norbest Ground Turkey (#4124)
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 1 jalapeÃ±o, seeded and minced
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups water + 1 1/2 tsp Custom Culinary Master’s Touch Chicken Base (#1038)
- 1/4 cup AP Chili Seasoning Mix (#1015), more or less as needed
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Toppings: sour cream, fresh cilantro, Tillamook Medium Cheddar Shredded Cheese (#1866), green onion, oyster crackers, tortilla chips
- First, melt the butter in a large skillet and lightly brown the turkey, not cooking all the way through. Add the onon and jalapeno, cooking for about 5 more minutes or until tender.
- Now, line your crock pot with a PanSaver Slow Cooker Liner (#1089).
- Add remaining ingredients sans the toppings to pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Adapted from: https://chefshamy.com/recipes/crockpot-turkey-chili/
Try these recipes for fall!
- Skillet Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pie - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Crockpot Turkey Chili Cheesy Baked Gnocchi Easy Puff Pastry Chicken Salad SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share on…
- Garlic Butter Beef Chili - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Crockpot Turkey Chili Detox Lemon Dill Chicken Soup Crock Pot Meatball Soup SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share …