Ideas for National Pretzel Day
Whether you prefer soft or crunchy pretzels, we’re sharing some fun ideas to try for National Pretzel Day.
SuperPretzel Fully Baked Soft Pretzels (#1472) are classic soft pretzels that you get at balls games- and even Disneyland! Since they are fully baked, they just need to be lightly misted with water and bake at 350 – 400°F for 3/4 minutes. Although the most common way to serve them is plain dipped in mustard or Gehl’s Jalapeno Cheese Sauce (#6899), there are so many other delicious ideas to try:
- Slice in half lengthwise and add your favorite sandwich ingredients. Spread on mayo and mustard, then top with Bridgerland Deli Craft Sliced Honey Ham (#2101), sliced cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Try toasting the pretzels first, too!
- Dip in melted chocolate or caramel. Add toppings like sprinkles, coconut flakes, marshmallows, crushed AP Deluxe Mixed Nuts (#9121), Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (#7121), Gerken’s Mini Cinnamon Drops (#2776) etc.
- Turn into pizza. Lightly spray with Vegalene Garlic Mist (#1577), then top with Bonici Sliced Pepperoni (#2031) and shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with Italian ‘N Pizza Seasoning (#1432). Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Dip in marinara sauce.
SuperPretzel Big Bites (#2238) are perfect with mustard, cheese sauce or any favorite dip. They would be excellent dipped in AP Popeye’s Spinach Dip (#1423). Simply bake for 3-5 minutes at 400F. One of our favorite ways to make these is to roll in Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723) and AP Cinnamon-Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#3894) before baking. Then, drizzling Dawn White Flat Icing (#1910) on top before serving.
- Turn into Pretzel Monkey Bread. Lightly mist the pretzels with water and sprinkle with salt and Italian ‘N Pizza Seasoning (#1432). Spray a bundt pan with Vegalene Garlic Mist (#1577), and add the pretzels. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 400F, or until pretzels are golden brown. Dip in Gehl’s Jalapeno Cheese Sauce (#6899).
- Have a Fondue night! Dip in cheese or chocolate fondue.
- For a quick appetizer, wrap in Bridgerland Deli Craft Sliced Honey Ham (#2101), top with a cheese cube and stab with a toothpick to hold everything together.
Snyder’s of Hanover Snaps Pretzels (#2319) premium buttery pretzels are perfect for seasonal parties, or the base for popular holiday recipes. But, we keep them on hand year round for sticking in lunch boxes, snacking throughout the day, or using in recipes. Try these:
- A popular holiday treat, Pecan Rollo Pretzel Snaps are one of the most common uses for these crackers.
- Use as the base for jello salad for BBQ’s.
- Serve on a platter with a homemade cheeseball, AP Popeye’s Spinach Mix (#1423), or AP Dilly Dill Dip (#1421).
- Dip them in chocolate! Add toppings like sprinkles, crushed candy, or AP Deluxe Mixed Nuts (#9121). Or, simply dip in milk chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate.
- Crush them up and add to Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Mix into Kirkland Microwave Popcorn (#1821) along with chopped Kirkland Pecan Halves (#1292). Then, toss with melted almond bark for a sweet and savory movie snack.