Mediterranean Baked Cod
This Mediterranean Baked Cod is juicy, full of flavor, and will quickly become a frequent dish in your home. Serve with a side of salad for a healthy meal.
What sides should I serve with this?
To keep the meal healthy, we suggest serving with a nice Greek salad or roasted veggies lightly coated in Garlic Supreme (#2592). Here are a few of our favorite sides:
- First, we love this refreshing Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with a light vinaigrette dressing. You can omit the eggplant and replace with zucchini or squash (#7860).
- Second, this Minty Orzo and Peas dish might sound odd at first, but trust us- the flavor will change your mind. It is light and refreshing, and the perfect addition to this yummy cod.
- Now, another simple option is our Slow Cooker Green Beans. We typically keep the spices simple, but to give them a bit of a Mediterranean flare, try adding 3 Tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of
Check these fishy recipes out
This Mediterranean Baked Cod is juicy, full of flavor, and will quickly become a frequent dish in your home.
Mediterranean Baked Cod
- 4-6 Icelandic Cod Fillets (#8026)
- 3-4 tsp Kirland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Lemon Juice Mixture
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (#2285)
- 1 cup Panko Break Crumbs (#1193), optional
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp paprika (#1697), ground cumin (#1442), and salt (#1146)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (#1029)
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, mix lemon juice, avocado oil, and melted butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, spices, salt, and pepper in another bowl, then set next to the lemon juice mixture.
- Next, pat fish fillet dry. First dip the cod in the lemon juice mixture then into the flour mixture. Gently shake off any excess flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to sizzle. Then, place the fish in the skillet and cook on each side for a couple minutes to give it some color without fully cooking. Remove from heat.
- With the remainder of the lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and stir. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Now, place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/baked-cod-recipe-lemon-garlic/
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Mediterranean Baked Cod […]