Pear Chai Thumbprints
Easter is going to look a little bit different this year. Instead of gathering with friends and family for a delicious feast, we are sticking to a smaller dinner with just our immediate families due to COVID-19. We’re sure most of you are in the same boat, and could use a little Spring pick me up. These Pear Chai Thumbprints will do just that! They have a delicious center of pear chai filling, wrapped in a delicious sugar-coated cookie.
Our must-have cookie making tools
Our line of Crestware products are high on our list of most used kitchen tools. Here are a few of our favorites for cookie making:
- 13 x 18 Commercial Cookie Sheet (#4020)
- Silicone Baking Mat (#8436)
- Ice-Cream Disher (Cookie Scoop) EACH (#3838)
If you like this recipe, try these:
- Mini Easter Cheesecakes
- Cadbury Egg Cookies
- Blackberry Peach Crisp
- Twix Thumbprint Cookies
- Vanilla Chai Cheesecake
Pear Chai Thumbprints have a delicious center of pear chai filling, wrapped in a delicious sugar-coated cookie sure to please your family and friends.
Pear Chai Thumbprints
- 3/4 cup Oregon Chai Concentrate (#2426), divided
- 1 1/3 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#1150), divided
- 1 cup Bosc pears, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp Busy Bee Light Amber Honey (#1149)
- 1 cup Kirkland Butter (#1723)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 1/2 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- First, make the pear filling by adding the diced pears, hazelnuts, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup Chai concentrate to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the pears are soft and most of the liquid has cooked out.
- Meanwhile, start on the dough by creaming together the butter and remaining brown sugar. Then, beat in the eggs.
- Next, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup Chai concentrate.
- Now, use a Crestware Scoop (#3838) to spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet (#4020) lined with a silicone mat (#8436). Roll the dough ball in sugar, then using the round part of the scoop, make an indent in the center of each dough ball and fill with 1/2 tsp of the pear filling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375F.