Sweet Corn Cake
Delicious corn cake with whole corn kernels, topped with a dollop of honey butter. Serve as a side with your favorite soup or chili for a perfectly easy fall meal.
Wondering how to serve this cake?
We love corn cake as a side to hearty soups, chilis or stews. Try dipping it in the soup, or topping it with a dollop of honey butter for a savory dessert.
If you like this recipe, try these:
Delicious corn cake with whole corn kernels, topped with a dollop of honey butter. Serve as a side with your favorite soup or chili.
Sweet Corn Cake
- 1/3 cup Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#2261), packed
- 2/3 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp AP Ground Saigon Cinnamon (#3626)
- 1/2 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#1146)
- 1 tsp Blue Cattle Truck Mexican Vanilla (#6702)
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Super Sweet Whole Kernel Corn (#1090)
- Pinch of AP Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536), for sprinkling
- First, preheat oven to 400F.
- Now, spray a square baking pan with Bak-Klene (#5564). Set aside.
- In a bowl. beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat again until fluffy. Then, mix in the flour until fully incorporated.
- Next, stir the cornmeal, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, vanilla and eggs into the butter mixture. Then, gently fold in the corn.
- Now, pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle Cinnamon-Vanilla French Toast Sugar on top of the batter, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Allow to cool on a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145) for 15 minutes before serving. Serve as a side to your favorite soup or chili, or on its own with a dollop of Chef Shamy Honey Butter (#8129).
Adapted from: https://norpac.com/2018/04/18/sweet-corn-cake/
- Simple Homemade Butter - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Sweet Corn Cake […]