Homemade Hamburger Helper
We can feel the start of fall with crisp mornings, which makes us crave all the comfort food. Enter Homemade Hamburger Helper: ground beef, sauteed onions, and precooked macaroni in a delicious sauce. A hearty meal ready in under 20 minutes!
Easy side dishes:
Since this is a hearty meal, we like to keep the sides simple- if we even serve any! Just serve with a side of sauteed veggies and a slice of bread or a fresh roll. Here are a few of our go-to veggie blends that are wonderful sauteed in Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124):
- Flav-R-Pac Grande Classics Whole Green Beans (#3781)
- Simplot RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Mediterranean Blend (#2242)
- Flav-R-Pac Grande Classics Normandy Blend (#1266)
Looking for more skillet meals?
- Cheesy Chicken, Ham & Potato Skillet
- 20 Minute Cabbage Potato Skillet
- Lemon Broccoli Pierogy Skillet
- One-Pan Asian Beef & Rice Skillet
- Low Carb Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Veggie “Rice”
A hearty Homemade Hamburger Helper Skillet ready in under 20 minutes! Serve with a side of veggies and bread.
Homemade Hamburger Helper Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef, ground chicken, or Carolina Turkey Ground Turkey (#3568)
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 1 tsp each of AP Mild Paprika (#1697), AP Parsley Flakes (#1426), and AP Premium Garlic Powder (#1021)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (#1041 base)
- 2 cups Marzetti Frozen Precooked Elbow Macaroni (#2305)
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866)
- First, saute the ground beef and onions. Drain any excess grease, then add the seasonings.
- Now, mix in the milk, broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the pasta is heated through, about 10 to 30 seconds.
- Then, add the cheese and mix until melted. Serve hot.