Holiday Glazed Ham
This glazed ham is definitely not just for the Holidays. You can find us making it for a Sunday Dinner, just because we feel like it, or maybe on a holiday.
Substitutions and Additions?
Like most recipes, this glazed ham has a couple substitutions and additions that are SO GOOD. So, of course, we are going to share those secrets with you!
- To begin, we know this recipe has orange zest, but if you like more of a Tangy Glazed Ham, try adding the juice of 1/2 an orange in addition to the zest. It will make your ham have a little more zing to it!
- Now, from the name of it, this Apple Cider Maple Glazed Ham seems like it would be really different from our recipe. But, to our pleasant surprise, all you have to do it as 1 1/2 cups + 3 Tbsp apple cider, 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (in place of the honey), yellow mustard, and a couple seasonings. It is a great glaze we think you’ll love!
What should I serve with my Glazed Ham?
- Dirty Mashed Potatoes, Funeral Potatoes, or Loaded Baked Potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Homemade Italian Sweet Rolls
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (This is also great for using up leftover ham)
- Christmas Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
Okay, you caught us… This glazed ham is definitely not just for the Holidays. You can find us making it for a Sunday Dinner, just because we feel like it, or maybe on a holiday. (Just kidding, ALWAYS on a Holiday. It’s too good!)
Holiday Glazed Ham
- 1 (8 – 10 lb) fully cooked spiral sliced ham (#5986)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey (#1148)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (#1150)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (#1029)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (#1005)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (#1420)
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves (#1517)
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest,optional (or #1669)
- 1 oven bag
- Let covered ham rest in warm water for 90 minutes, changing water halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Unwrap ham then transfer to oven bag.
- Bake ham in roasting pan in oven until center registers 100 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 â€“ 1 1/2 hours (about 10 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze and let cool slightly.
- Remove ham from oven. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Cut oven bag and roll down to expose ham. Brush all over with 1/2 of the glaze.
- Bake in oven 5 minutes then remove and brush with remaining glaze. Bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Adapted from: https://www.cookingclassy.com/honey-glazed-ham/
- 9 Thanksgiving Tips and Shortcuts - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Holiday Glazed Ham […]
- Festive Holiday Cheese Ball Recipes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Holiday Glazed Ham […]