Chicken Fajita Breakfast Taco
Add breakfast tacos to your next Taco Tuesday menu! Sauteed fajita blend vegetables, fajita style chicken strips, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheese, avocado and corn salsa tucked into a tortilla for a Chicken Fajita Breakfast Taco. You’ll love these flavor-packed tacos that are also great for meal prep and freezer meals!
Change up the fillings:
Although we love this tex-mex version, here are a few other filling ideas to try:
- Keep it classic with scrambled eggs, Daily’s Honey Cured Hardwood Smoked Center Cut Bacon (#3298), Quincy Gold Shredded Hashbrowns (#2421), Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645), and Tillamook Medium Cheddar Shredded Cheese (#1866).
- Another great combination is Carne Azteca Flame Seared Carne Asada (#1393), scrambled eggs, Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060), Tagge’s Mild Sweet Corn Salsa (#1154), sour cream, and Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860).
- Stuff your tacos with Simplot Flame-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Seasoning (#2282), scrambled eggs, black beans and Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
Sauteed fajita blend vegetables, fajita style chicken strips, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheese, avocado and corn salsa tucked into a tortilla for a Chicken Fajita Breakfast Taco.
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Taco
Yield: 4 servings
- Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), as needed
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Fajita Blend (#2069), thawed and patted dry to remove excess moisture
- 4 cups Pierce Sizzle Strips Fajita Style Chicken (#1054)
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- 3/4 cup Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- 1/2 cup Tagge’s Mild Sweet Corn Salsa (#1154)
- 1/2-1 cup Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645), thawed in the fridge overnight
- 4 Receta De Oro Mexican Flour Tortillas (#4970), heated in a pan
- First, melt a little slab of butter in a Zyliss Frying Pan. Add the omelette blend, sauteeing for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then, add the sizzle strips and continue to cook until heated through, adding more butter if needed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Now, add more butter. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add the whisked eggs to the pan, stirring frequently. Once the eggs are set, stir in the cheese until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- To assemble, layer the eggs, chicken + pepper blend, avocado, and salsa on one side of a tortilla. Fold over, and repeat with remaining ingredients. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired, and enjoy!
*Optional: place the assembled taco back into a lightly buttered frying pan. Cook on low for 1 to 2 minutes, until the tortilla is crisp on the outside. Carefully flip, cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes and enjoy.
Try these tasty breakfast recipes:
- Maple Pancake Sliders - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Chicken Fajita Breakfast Taco Hearty Breakfast Bowl Overnight French Toast Casserole […]