Copycat Recipes From Your Favorite Restaurants
Copycat Recipes From Your Favorite Restaurants
As most large families can attest, going to a restaurant is saved for very special occasions. First, there’s the expense. Then, there’s the wrangling of little people who have their own agenda, and sitting quietly at a table isn’t on their list. Enjoying some of your favorite restaurant dishes might seem like a lost cause. Not so fast! Replicating those beloved restaurant dishes isn’t as difficult as you might think. Intrigued? We’ve provided you with two delicious copycat recipes from Applebee’s and Cracker Barrel. We’ve also included some tasty pointers on how to use Alison’s yummy ingredients in three other family restaurant favorites.
Applebee’s Macaroni and Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Your family will think you’re a copycat recipe pro when they sit down to this home-cooked version of Applebee’s Macaroni and Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken. It’s a beautiful combination of kid-friendly favorites: mac ‘n cheese and chicken tenders.
- 6 frozen Pilgrim’s Homestyle Breaded Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 lb uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups 5 cheese blend shredded cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of flour
- Daily’s Premium Applewood Precooked Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen chicken on an ungreased baking pan and cook until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees-- approximately 40 minutes.
- Cook pasta per instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, pepper, and cayenne. On medium high heat whisk ingredients together until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Once the butter is completely melted add the flour and stir until a paste is formed. Slowly pour in the heavy cream and whisk, making sure to break apart any lumps. Add the cheese, parsley flakes, and garlic. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Crisp bacon in the microwave and loosely chop.
- Remove chicken from oven, cut into bite size pieces, and cover in the honey pepper sauce.
- Add the pasta and bacon to the cheese sauce and mix until pasta is well coated.
- Place chicken on top of the macaroni and cheese and serve.
Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Simple to copy and difficult to mess up. Throw together the hash browns, cheese, salt, and cream of chicken soup and you have a hearty side dish that everyone will love. Leave this recipe as-is or mix it up. Add chopped kale to the hash browns as they are being browned in the skillet and top with slices of avocado for a hipster version. Switch out the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom and top with slices of Muenster cheese. Get creative with this easy copycat recipe restaurant-style dish.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold Hash Brown Shredded Potatoes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- On a well-oiled skillet cook hash browns, onions, and salt until hash browns are golden and tender.
- Drain the hash browns in a colander, pressing down on them with a small clean bowl to squeeze out excess fluid.
- Set aside.
- Mix the cheese and cream of chicken soup in a separate bowl, and add hash browns to the mixture.
- Transfer the hash brown mix into a greased 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown.
Cheesecake Factory’s Shrimp Scampi
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Cheesecake Factory’s Shrimp Scampi doesn’t need to be reserved for date nights. Make it at home for everyone to enjoy with Alison’s Pantry Black Tiger Shrimp. This copycat recipe is just as delicious as the restaurant version and you don’t need to find a sitter to enjoy it!
Winger's Sticky Fingers
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Love getting your hands dirty with Winger’s Sticky Fingers. Look no further than this simple make-at-home recipe. Use Alison’s Pantry Fair Market Popcorn Chicken (one of our top-selling products!) for a perfectly poppable version. We love this tutorial and copycat recipe sauce variation from Favorite Family Recipes to quickly assemble this restaurant favorite.
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Outback Steakhouse’s Baked Bloomin’ Onion […]
- Popcorn Chicken: 2 recipes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole […]