Leftover Ham Recipes
If you’re a fan of Christmas leftovers, these recipes are for you! Check out some of our favorite ways to repurpose leftover Christmas ham including a deliciously creamy Ham and Corn Chowder.
Leftover Ham Recipes
As much as we love ham and cheesy potatoes, we can only eat it for so long… So, if you’re drowning in leftover Christmas ham, we hope these ideas will help!
- Chop it up and add it to breakfast burritos. You’ll need eggs, tortillas (#4970), ham, shredded cheese (#1866), and your favorite sauce.
- Make a batch of Bean & Bacon Soup, but sub the bacon with diced ham cubes.
- Try a delicious Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole, but sub the ground beef with chopped ham.
- Slice it up and make Holiday Ham & Cheese Sliders for a no-hassle dinner.
- Add diced ham to a refreshing Cobb Salad– a great way to settle down after holiday madness.
What better way to use leftover ham than in a creamy soup loaded with bacon, potatoes, and carrots.
Ham Potato and Corn Chowder
- 2 Tbsp Kirkland Butter (#1723)
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Parisian Style Carrots (#1349)
- 3 Tbsp Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2 1/2 cup leftover Christmas ham, diced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (#1040)
- 1 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Sweet Corn (#1090)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Diced Red Potatoes (#8569)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices Daily’s Precooked Bacon (#4835), crumbled
- Regal Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- First, melt the butter over medium high heat. Then, add the onions and carrots and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- Next, whisk in the flour and cook about 1 minute while stirring.
- Then, slowly add the broth, stirring frequently, and bring to a simmer.
- Now, add the diced ham, corn, thyme and potatoes. Allow to simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bacon, and allow to cook for 5 more minutes before serving.
Adapted from: https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/leftover-ham-recipes/