Low Carb: What to Have on Hand
Whether you are doing Keto or another low carb diet, there are some essential things to keep on hand that will make your life easier. This list will help with your low carb cravings, so you won’t fall back to those high carb treats while trying to meet your goals. Check out the Keto category on our website for some delicious options.
There are a few key pantry staples you will want to have on hand for a low-carb diet, but make sure you know which foods are low carb. For example, not all fruits are low carb- so be careful that you are purchasing items that will help you stick to your diet.
- Vegetables. Our favorites are cauliflower, zucchini, green beans, zoodles, and broccoli.
- Fruits. Try to keep apples, blueberries, strawberries, etc. on hand.
- Cheese and other unsweetened dairy products. Cream cheese will be your best friend!
Sugar FreeCondiments. You can make your own, or find a trusted Keto brand.
- MCT Oil. This is great to have for boosting ketosis. Other oils you will want for cooking include avocado oil, coconut oil, and lots of butter.
- Lean proteins. Our go-to include chicken, fish, and pork.
- Nut butters. For a quick snack, slice up an apple and dip it in a sugar free almond butter.
- Low carb snacks. Between meals, snack on boiled eggs, nuts, or cheese.
- Baking essentials. You still deserve a sweet treat! If you enjoy baking, you will need to have almond flour, sugar free baking cocoa, coconut flour, xanthan gum, erythritol or Swerve- granular and powdered.
Our Favorite Keto Products:
Be sure to browse the Keto category on our website for our full selection of Keto-approved options from chicken to Monk fruit sweeteners.
- Farmland FC Smoke’n Fast Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder (#6878) or any other low carb, high protein meats for main dishes.
- Flav-R-Pac Roasted Cauliflower (#2743) for replacing rice or mashed potatoes.
- True Lemon Packets (#1689) or Sugar Free Monin Syrups for when you’re craving a tasty drink.
- pepperoni or Margherita Sliced Salami (#1688) for snacking.
- Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (#1723) are perfect for adding to Keto approved desserts or grabbing a handful to snack on.
- Add a bag of Cello Parmesan (#1746) or Asiago & Pepper Jack (#1747) Whisps to your purse for an on-the-go snack.
Use these products in your favorite recipes!
Now that you’re familiar with some Keto-essentials, you can start using these products in your favorite recipes! We have a whole category here on our blog dedicated to Low Carb recipes, including:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Zoodles
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Low Carb Ways to use Pulled Pork
- Feta and Herb Crusted Salmon
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken