Old Fashioned Donuts
Easy Glaze Toppings:
- Vanilla Glaze Topping: You will need 1 1/4 cups C & H Confectioners’ Sugar (#1151), sifted 1 Tbsp Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1103), 1 Tbsp melted Kirkland Butter (#1723), 1-2 Tbsp milk, 1/2 tsp Mexican Vanilla (#6702). Mix together glaze ingredients in a bowl and add extra liquid/sugar to adjust consistency as needed. Tint with food coloring, if desired.
- Chocolate Glaze Topping: You will need 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Semisweet Chocolate Chips (#1305), 2 Tbsp Kirkland Butter (#1723), 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp
Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1103) 1/4 tsp Mexican Vanilla (#6702). Melt ingredients together over low heat or in the microwave. Stir often. Add extra corn syrup, if needed, to achieve a shiny glaze.
Looking for more recipes like this?
- Serra’s Sweet Cream Donuts
- Twix Thumbprint Cookies
- S’mores Cookie Sandwich
- Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Cups
- Over the Moon Macaroon Brownies
These fresh, warm Old Fashioned Donuts are perfect for an evening of baking with your family. Plus, everyone can choose their own toppings!
Old Fashioned Donuts
- 1/4 cup Kirkland Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1/3 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#1150)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- 1/4 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda (#2848)
- 1/2-1 tsp ground nutmeg, to taste
- 3/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1147)
- 1 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6919)
- 2 2/3 cups Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 1 cup milk
- Cinnamon Sugar (#3894), Confectioners’ sugar (#1151), Vanilla Glaze, Chocolate Glaze, Nuts, Sprinkles,
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Then, add the eggs one at a time and keep beating.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
- Then, alternate adding the flour and milk- starting and ending with flour. Mix until combined.
- Next, spoon or pipe the batter into the wells of the USA PAN® Donut Pan (#1804). You will need to do two batches or use two pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Top as desired*.
*For cinnamon sugar donuts, shake warm donuts in a plastic bag with 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar. You could also use confectioners’ sugar, or frost the donuts with a glaze. ENJOY!! (Note from USA Pan original recipe)
Adapted from: https://www.usapan.com/old-fashion-donut