Summer Meals That Won’t Heat up the House
With days full of swimming and sunshine, sometimes there isn’t a lot of energy left for meal-prepping. Fortunately, summer’s nice weather allows for multiple options for easy cooking. From grilling to foil packet meals and slow cooker recipes, clean-up can be kept to a minimum and the kitchen can stay cooler.
We’ve collected some of our favorite easy-prep recipes below so you don’t have to slow down (or heat up the house) to make dinner.
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup C & H Brown Sugar (#2261), lightly packed
- 1 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp sriracha
- 3 lb. Sun-Land Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (#5513)
- 12 Receta De Oro Flour Tortillas (#4970)
- 1 cup Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866)
- Cilantro, for garnish
Pineapple Mango Slaw:
- 3 cups green cabbed, sliced thin
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple Chunks (#3002)
- 1/2 cup Wyman’s Mango Chunks (#2655)
- Half a red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp C & H Brown Sugar (#2261)
- 1/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- First, line your crock-pot with a PanSaver Slow Cooker Liner (#1089).
- Then, combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the chicken into the crockpot and cover with the pineapple mixture. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, shred using two forks. Allow it to sit in the sauce for 30 more minutes to absorb more flavor.
- Meanwhile, prepare the slaw by coming all the ingredients.
- To assemble, top the tortillas with chicken, slaw, cheese, and cilantro. Serve warm.
Adapted from: https://hostthetoast.com/crock-pot-hawaiian-bbq-chicken-tacos-with-pineapple-slaw/
Easy Prep Desserts:
- Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
- Crock Pot S’mores Cake
- Slow Cooker Brownies
- Crock Pot Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
More Easy Dinner Ideas:
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Pork
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Quesadilla
- Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
Be the first to comment.