Shrimp with Garlic-Cilantro Sauce
Do you ever feel a little fancy when you serve shrimp on a weeknight? This Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Garlic-Cilantro Sauce makes it easy, and the roasted garlic-cilantro sauce is a delicious kicky change from a typical garlic butter dressing. We love this recipe adapted from The Mediterranean Dish.
Looking for more shrimp recipes?
- 15 Minute Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
- Holy Shrimp! Shrimp Scampi + Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers
This Grilled Shrimp with roasted garlic-cilantro sauce has a delicious kicky change from a typical garlic butter dressing.
Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Garlic-Cilantro Sauce
- 1.5 lb Black Tiger Shrimp (#2806)
- Salt and pepper (#1146) (#1029)
- Olive oil (can use avocado oil #3515)
Roasted garlic-cilantro sauce:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil (can use avocado oil #3515)
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel, devein and rinse the shrimp. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Place the shrimp in the fridge until ready to grill.
- Trim the top of the garlic head off, but leave the garlic intact. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Roast the garlic in the 400 degree F-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly tender and fragrant. When ready, remove from the oven. Let cool briefly. Peel and crush or chop the roasted garlic as finely as possible.
- Now prepare the roasted garlic-cilantro sauce. In a small bowl, combine the roasted garlic with the remaining sauce ingredients of cilantro, lime juice, white wine, olive oil and chili sauce. Whisk together and set aside.
- When ready, lightly oil and heat a cast-iron grill or griddle to medium-high. Coat the shrimp with a little olive oil and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want to achieve some char, but be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill to a bowl and coat well with the roasted garlic and cilantro sauce. Transfer to a serving platter. Alternatively, transfer the grilled shrimp to a serving platter and simply add the roasted garlic-cilantro sauce on the side.
- Serve with pasta or rice and a green salad for dinner; or simply as a party appetizer. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/grilled-shrimp-recipe-garlic-cilantro-sauce/