Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup
We hope to be celebrating independence from COVID-19 soon, but we can still make Cinco de Mayo fun while spending most of our time at home right now. We are sharing our favorite Mexican-inspired recipes from the archives for you to enjoy with your loved ones this year.
Easy Main Dish Ideas:
Whether you serve simple quesadillas or smothered enchiladas, there are a lot of delicious dishes to serve to spice things up on Cinco de Mayo.
Easy sides, desserts, and drinks:
Whether you keep things simple with a side of chips and Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060), or go all out with Copy Cat Cafe Rio sides, there are a few great additions for your fiesta:
- Easy Horchata
- Copy Cat Cafe Rio Sides
- 2 Mexican Inspired Sides
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
- Elote Street Corn
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Creamy Caramel Flan
- Dessert Nachos
Treat your guests to a simple lemonade with flavors of peach, cherry, and apricot from our Monin Stone Fruit Syrup.
Stone Fruit Lemonade
- 8-10 pumps Monin Stone Fruit Syrup (#1636)
- 5 scoops Country Time Lemonade (#2536), or more to taste
- 8 cups cold water
- Sliced lemons and limes, optional
- Mix ingredients together in a pitcher. Add ice cubes, if desired.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Enjoy shredded chicken, flavored with our Yummy Guacamole Seasoning (#2588), in a crispy tortilla with your choice of toppings.
- 2 lb. Sun-Land Chicken Breast (#5513)
- 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 2 Tbsp Yummy Guacamole Seasoning (#2588)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin (#1442)
For the flautas:
- 8 Receta De Oro Flour Tortillas (#4970), thawed
- Oil, for frying
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced avocados, Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#9247), salsa, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, or Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- First, add all the chicken ingredients to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Shred then set aside.
- Next, fill the tortillas with the shredded chicken and roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 inches of oil in a pan.
- Carefully fry the flautas for about 2-4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set onto a baking sheet (#4020) lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve warm with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.thekitchn.com/chicken-flautas-22903008