Memorial Day Recipe Roundup
Memorial Day is a special holiday for us. We honor and decorate the graves of our loved ones, and remember the service and sacrifice of our military personnel. Then our day usually wraps up with a leisurely backyard barbecue to enjoy the company of family and friends. We don’t stray far from traditional All-American favorites on the menu–burgers, hot dogs, and plenty of summer-y side dishes.
If you’re planning a Memorial Day BBQ too, we hope you enjoy these popular requests and recipes from our backyard gatherings.
Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
Whether you make Homemade Hamburger Buns or use our Rocky Mountain (Hamburger #2135, Hot Dog #2136) or Stone Ground Pretzel Buns (Hamburger #2137, Hot Dog #2138), we have a few delicious recipes to choose from for your main dish:
- Grilling with Bacon
- 2 Beef Franks Recipes
- 5 Easy Ways to Spice up Your Burgers
- Simplified Veggie Burger
- 3 Ways to Craft a Gourmet Burger
From baked beans to French Fries, there are so many delicious sides to serve at your Memorial Day BBQ. Choose from easy recipes or McCain products to round out your menu:
Mushroom Swiss Burger
- Rocky Mountain Hamburger Buns (#2135), warmed
- Holten Restaurant Quality Beef Patties (#1075)
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- McCain Breaded Mushrooms (#1276)
- First, cook the patties by placing on a preheated (350 F) grill and cook until juices begin to pool. Turn patties, then add a of swiss cheese on the patty. Continue cooking until juices run clear. Always cook ground beef products to an internal temperature of 160 F.
- Then, layer lettuce, cooked patties, and breaded mushrooms, along with any additional desired condiments. Serve with Glacier Gold Sweet Potato Fries (#1211).
Hebrew National Beef Franks (#2765) brushed with BBQ sauce and grilled to perfection, topped with an Easy Mango salsa.
Grilled Franks with Mango Salsa
- 1/2 cup Wyman’s Mango Chunks (#2655)
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 Hebrew National Beef Franks (#2765)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 Rocky Mountain Hot Dog Buns (#2136), warmed
- First, preheat grill.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the mango, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Set aside.
- Next, grill the franks for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through. Then, brush them with 2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce and heat for 1 more minute, or until the sauce is thicker. Remove from the grill.
- Now, brush the buns with the extra sauce. Place the franks in the buns, and top with the mango salsa. Serve hot.
- Beef Frank Kebabs - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Grilled Franks with Mango Salsa […]